headlight relay

starlet666

Member +
ok so i have a ep82...pre quad
with quads fitted
i turned my headlights on and the high beam light in the dash stayed on and high beam didnt work...
found an earth off
fixed it
now i got no lights at all
does anyone know where the headlight relay is for these little annoying things..... this is the one thing that is driving me nuts right now

cheers
tim

starlet666

Member +
i didnt do the conversion it was done like b4 i bought the car 9 months ago and it has just stopped......
and as for the relay in the fuse box no can do.. there are 2 fuses but no relay for headlights

Guye

Lifer
Check the in car fuse box. The panel is to the lower left of the steering wheel. If there is a fuse for the headlight and it's blown...well, you know the rest.

Guye

Lifer
I just looked at my fuse box cover and it's all Japanese. Pull each fuse one at a time and inspect them. If that brings no sucess, then trace the wiring for the conversion and make sure there is no faults along the circuit. When the fuse blows with the standard lights they go dim, not out. I'm 99.9% sure the headlight fuses are in the fuse box in the engine compartment. Check them all.

starlet666

Member +
done all of that mate im 20 steps ahead of that.... and my conversion for it is pretty simple....
it uses the factory h4 style plug thats been spliced in2
not a single fault there but there is no power at the fuses at all hence why im tryin 2 find out where the "headlight relay" is
hence why i asked where it is not the fuses the relay.....

starlet666

Member +
sorry dude just cranky with this damn car.... but i did state relay not fuses i dont ask till every possible thing i know can b playing up i just gotta find this damn relay quick smart i gotta drive my car over 1000km soon so its a 12 hour drive and some how...there will b a dark period there

Guye

Lifer
I checked with our local toyota agent. The headlight relay seems to be one in the same fuse box in the engine compartment. The saleman with the diagram said he couldn't give the exact location or part#...which is just wrong. Sorry bro, maybe someone else will be of more help.