headlightcleaning

Raji_boy

Member +
hi...has any body taken the headlight a part...my headlight has lod's of crap inside and which doesnt allow the light come out well....what's the easiest way of cleanig the inside of the headlight.....thanks

Last edited:

mole76

Member +
I had simular problem, EP's head lights seam to go like a smoked colour after a while.

Thought this was on the inside, so tried to take headlamp apart and found it really difficult. I think the older the lamp the harder to get apart.

I then when and used a soft abraisive metal polish like Autosol on the outside and the difference was out of this world as the fading or loss of colour what ever you want to call it was on the out side due to sun damage prob?

But i always use this now and it looks like a new lamp every lime.

This is what i do so intirely up to you mate but be carefull with what you polish it with as it can become reaaly dull looking and it could fail you on the MOT.

Used this for a few years now and no trouble, once again up to you which rout you take.

Steve.

Beaker

Member +
If you need to take them apart follow these instuctions. Different car (Toyota Sera) but will work the same. http://www.omicron.uk.com/sera/headlamps.htm
I have done it to a Sera and it does work. Basically put them in an oven on a low heat, open them up and then clean with autosol. Remember to remove all clips etc.

Raji_boy

Member +
some wiked ideas there ppl......i will be trying that 2moz.....the crap seems to be inside..i was thinking takin apart the headlight but worried about the seals...dnt wana mess them up as water leak...

azerty

Supermoderator
which headlight BTW ? there are different models...
to clean my glanza ones (outside), I use T-paste
I have no idea about inside. so just reading now :)

vtecpete

Member +
if you stick it in an oven for a few mins it will loosen the sealer and the clear lense can be pulled away but be careful as they can melt if left unattended, i know it sounds retarded but it can happen as i unfortunately found out. tcut can clear up the outside quite good or a 2000 wet sanpaper and the clearcoat it

Raji_boy

Member +
its the clear headlight m8...i lil scared doing the oven method but i'll try the tcut first..it sounds a bit easier...