Hearing A Very Strange Noise..

bildo

Member +
I recently got an Exedy Organic Clutch fitted to the car and for the first 500 miles of use I didn't thrash the car at all, I tried to change gears as calmly as possible to give it a chance to run in. Once the 500 miles was up I figured I'd give the car a bit of a push and see how it's coping with it.

It pulls fine, no problems whatsoever no signs of it slipping either, however when I hit between 4-5k+ revs in any gear I get this scraping type noise. It sounds like an arch scrubbing or something similar but the fact it seems to happen at the same time in every gear seems coincidental. It's coming from in the engine bay and I took a mate for a drive and he seemed to think it was on the passenger side of the engine bay.

Now, this could be down to the clutch or it could be absolutely anything, perhaps even unrelated to the clutch and it's just appeared at a coincidental time.

I have got mapping booked for a couple of weeks time and I'm nervous that this could be the beginning signs of a serious issue. There is no issue with boost, or speed, neither seem to be affected, I have checked all my boost hoses for leaks or anything and generally looked around to see if anything could be causing it and I'm baffled.

I have recently changed my wheels to wider ones on the front as my tyres had gone below the legal limit. I will be getting new ones fitted on Tuesday and I'm praying that this sorts it out.

Has anyone had an issue similar to this or can give me any advice on it?

Thanks