heasgasket

madman

Member +
rite lads need a bit of advice...

the resivor for the coolant blows coolant when driving and was told by a reliable source its a sign the h/g is on the way out so im gonna change it to be on the safe side...

so my question really is what exactly needed standard h/g or something better...

here's my list so far

head bolt kit
rocker cover gasket + kit
head gasket (oem or 1.2mm)
new thermostat
water pump
timing belt kit (as its gonna be easy to get at)

is their anything else needed

thanks guys rep will be added for sensible answers

john

Chris@CCM

Member +
i would fit new bolts new valve stem seal regrind in the valves head skimed new exhaust manifold and inlet gaskets ps a full engine gasket kit off toyota is 110 pounds that comes with ner every gasket on the engine well worth buy as a head gasket is 30 pounds and the valve stems off toyota r 60 odd :eek:

TurboDave

Member +
Try a rad cap first worth a fiver.

No need to removed the inlet manifold, add the obvious anti freeze, locktite for the cam carrier bolts, oil, oil filter, exhaust manifold gasket if you dont want to re-use, people say you must change them but I used mine several times.

If your going standard set up you get everything you need bar the belt in the Toyota head gasket set.:)

Edit: I think you do get the belt I got a set before maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong I just can't remember?

Last edited:

madman

Member +
cheers for all the quick replys lads appreciate it... rep added

so will i go for an oem one or a 1.2mm

Last edited: