### Heat Wrap ? ###

cole

Member +
( hope this is right section )

hey guys was thinking of heat wrapping the full exhaust system ?
what are your views on this

is it good ? / bad ?

will it make the exhaust flame now and then ?

my mate heat wrapped his exhaust and it made the rad fan keep coming on so he took it off any 1 else experianced this and what are your views ? thanks

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I am planning on doing it never heard of it causin the Rad fan to come on more.

mrpeal55

Member +
mine also does this, and sometimes when i press my accelerater a tiny bit it near enough stalls??? could it be the tps?

Gilly2006

Member +
the downpipe maybe but don't heatwrap the manifold! thats what causes them to crack eventually! the heat that the manifold works at is extreamly high, i personally wouldnt wrap anything else but the Decat/downpipe.

ChrisGT

Member +
the downpipe maybe but don't heatwrap the manifold! thats what causes them to crack eventually! the heat that the manifold works at is extreamly high, i personally wouldnt wrap anything else but the Decat/downpipe.

Hmmm...if its stainless make sure its well braced and properly cleaned if you are going to wrap it. If its mild steel you probably should wrap it; keep engine bay temps down plus some say it will speed up exhaust gases/increase HP a wee bit.

Gilly2006

Member +
even mild steel mannis ?

not eve mild steel ones, i know a member on here who used heatwrap on his mildsteel mani and his has cracked.
and those heat blankets that you can put on your exhaust housing of your turbo basically cook your turbo. there ok for short periods of time but not for a road car, (while where on the subject of heat wrapping/containing heat.)

Rory

Lifer
Wrap the manifold in an even matter and you wont get any problems.

I personally wouldnt bother wrapping the whole exhaust, theres air flow under the car that will do the same job. And its free.

Manifold and down pipe only in my opinion

Gilly2006

Member +
Hmmm...if its stainless make sure its well braced and properly cleaned if you are going to wrap it. If its mild steel you probably should wrap it; keep engine bay temps down plus some say it will speed up exhaust gases/increase HP a wee bit.

i was told by a pro who works down the road from me at Turbo force that there is a hell of alot of heat that come from the mani's, wrapping the mani for an everyday car is abit silly. id rather have abit high temps under bonnet then have to shell out for a new manifold.
but its up2 everyone!

Gilly2006

Member +
not worth it, won't gain anything just your bank balance will go down with having to pay for heat wrap. don't bother dude.

ChrisGT

Member +
i was told by a pro who works down the road from me at Turbo force that there is a hell of alot of heat that come from the mani's, wrapping the mani for an everyday car is abit silly. id rather have abit high temps under bonnet then have to shell out for a new manifold.
but its up2 everyone!

Other people say different, guess we'll never know!

not eve mild steel ones, i know a member on here who used heatwrap on his mildsteel mani and his has cracked.
and those heat blankets that you can put on your exhaust housing of your turbo basically cook your turbo. there ok for short periods of time but not for a road car, (while where on the subject of heat wrapping/containing heat.)

doesnt heat wrap and heat blanket do the same job as the heat shield on the factory minfold and turbo?