heat wrap

bigdoods

Member +
ebay is where i got mine.its good enough.and theres special ties you can get on there aswel to tie it.there like metal cable ties

bigdoods

Member +
yes.it will take about 3rolls of it to do your mani and downpipe and get 20cable ties to be sure.another way of sealing it is getting copper wire and just twisting it around the parts really tight.

boostup

Member +
yes.it will take about 3rolls of it to do your mani and downpipe and get 20cable ties to be sure.another way of sealing it is getting copper wire and just twisting it around the parts really tight.

cheers mate rather just get the cable ties.which one did you get outa all of them?

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
Are you supposed to soak the heatwrap in water before fitting to make it easier or have i got that wrong??

madman

Member +
Are you supposed to soak the heatwrap in water before fitting to make it easier or have i got that wrong??

you can wet it to stop the fibers sticking in your fingers dont know what its called but its the same as fiber glass itches the hell outta ya

Dave.

Member +
If you spread it evenly though, and have a decent manifold (made from a decent grade of metal) it'll take the temperature ok, as long as it doesn't get hot spots from extra thick spots.

If you create hot spots, these heat up (and therefore expand more) and could easily result in cracking.

Dave

munday

Member +
cheers lads so when i wrap my mani how many layers of wrap do i use on each runner?

you usually overlap by about half the width of the wrap.

I think if you have a manifold prone to cracking it may speed up the process but I believe if you have a good quality manifold and you don't wrap it too tight (the manifold must be allowed to expand) then it's all good :)