Heater control illumination

gtr-r33

Member +
I've never noticed this before, But took the car out for a Sneaky back road drive earlier and noticed that none of the Heater control buttons are illuminated ??? I Assume they are supposed to be so whats the matter :S Just a blown fuse ?

Somhairle

Lifer
I've never noticed this before, But took the car out for a Sneaky back road drive earlier and noticed that none of the Heater control buttons are illuminated ??? I Assume they are supposed to be so whats the matter :S Just a blown fuse ?

If you take the panel out, there is 2 tiny screws holding the multi plug socket to the back of the panel.

Remove these and theres a bulb underneath.

I replaced mine years ago, think the bulb was about £5 from toyota as its a specific type.

iamlegend

Member +
If you take the panel out, there is 2 tiny screws holding the multi plug socket to the back of the panel.

Remove these and theres a bulb underneath.

I replaced mine years ago, think the bulb was about £5 from toyota as its a specific type.

were is this located??? mines fooked as well lol

Somhairle

Lifer
Yep it is lol, you have to feed the bulb wire through the holder

Bulb wire?

The one i got was in a little plastic housing with a cross (x) on the back of it, one turn of a philips driver and it was out, one turn the other way and it was in.

There are contact points on the plastic so it takes its power from the PCB.

Very simple.

Som.

starbuck

Member +
I take it these are the push button lights? For the blower direction controls? Or are we talking the temp slide control?

starbuck

Member +
Anyone got the part number for this Twist lock bulb? I believe its a T1.25??? I just need a part number for mine to goto toyota with.

Cheers