heater problems

sowerby

Fresh Recruit
right then iv got a 97 glanza and im having problems with my heating

1.changed the thermostat
2.put a rad flush through
3.blow the water through the matrix pipes
4.bleed it for 3hours

still no difference its blowing out luke warm sometime not even that but if turn the heater off completely and live it for a while while driving then switch it on it blow out hot the runs cold in a matter of a minute

wat use guys recon

Rory

Lifer
Weird.

Possibly the matrix has a slight blockage. Did you flush it through when the piper were off?

Big_Daddy

Member +
ur telling me its freezing

i blow water through with hose

Check your heater pipes are soft and not cruchy (if its it has rust in it.). what coolant do you use?

Remove the matrix water lines and add rad flush/bar threatment, possible over nigh (min 12 hours), then flush witha hose, do this a few times.
Reconnect one side matrix hose and top the other using a funnel. When full quickly connect the other matrix hose.
This wil help remove air lock.
Remove rad cap, start car, put heaters on hot and full, At the same time sqeeze inlet of the matrix hose to premove ait lock in the matrix, when warm, close rad cap and add coolant resvoir tank if neccsary.

A

sowerby

Fresh Recruit
today emptyed the water out took the rad out put boiling hot water in the rd and left it for awhile while i was getting on with something else anyway

took all water pipes off blow water through every pipe known for water to go through ran it till it was clear

put al the pipes back on put the rad on put water in started the car started bleeding the system put anti freeze in i was there about 2hours bleeding it fan came in about 7 times

still no heat getting sick now

any ideas ????????????????

GlanzaV.Tee

Member +
check if the flap for hot and cold not stuck or come off usually happens if all pipes seem hot check the air flaps :) hope this helps buddy