Heatwrap - again..

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
so.. after searching etc etc... everyone says that heatwrap will make the ss manifold prone to crack. but i still see people using heatwrap on there manis...

so the question is.

anyone out there had his manifold crack after heatwraping it!?

lingl9z

Member +
Depends if they use that spray DEI something spray that stops moisture getting trapped in the heatwrap!

lingl9z

Member +
that probably also plays a part but most people i know thats got stainless heat wrapped and sprayed seem to have had no problems! could just be down to luck though as im in no way experianced in this field, just from what i've seen or heard. also stops it rusting =]

durmz

Member +
the problem is when everythings not 100% clean, if u get a tiny bit of shit in there it creates a heat spot, making that bit want to crack. it does prematurely age it for sure, but im still gonna do it.

durmz

Member +
just some red stuff off ebay, only using it on exhaust atm....few bodge ups lol but ile be using it when i get a mani aswell, and ile do the downpipe at same time

KevinK

Member +
i always thought cracking was caused by heating up and cooling down to fast and wrapping the manifold causes it to heat up & cool down more controlled so decreasing the chance of cracking.

now i am so confused:confused:

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
i always thought caracking was caused by heating up and cooling down to fast and wrapping the manifold causes it to heat up & cool down more controlled so decreasing the chance of cracking.

your not the only one that is confused bud! there is way too much different information out there!

350ep70gr

Member +
Step1. Hand deap in the pocket!
Step2. Find a pro to do the job!(like zisco)
Step3. Ask them titanium manifold and headers!
Step4 Then Do it whatever you want...heat wrap it...coat it...run it on 1000 C constantly...or whatever.
and will cost 1,5 time what you pay for a decent one and will last double time or more. (light weight,increased mechanical propertys,more heat resistand,more heat reflective)
We will try it after few weeks in an old Gt4. I will try to steal some photos for you when i will be there. The look of this mani is PURE SEX.

Chris

durmz

Member +
Step1. Hand deap in the pocket!
Step2. Find a pro to do the job!(like zisco)
Step3. Ask them titanium manifold and headers!
Step4 Then Do it whatever you want...heat wrap it...coat it...run it on 1000 C constantly...or whatever.
and will cost 1,5 time what you pay for a decent one and will last double time or more. (light weight,increased mechanical propertys,more heat resistand,more heat reflective)
We will try it after few weeks in an old Gt4. I will try to steal some photos for you when i will be there. The look of this mani is PURE SEX.

Chris

yer ide love to get summit like that done, zircotec do amazing ceramic coatings, loads of cool colours too haha

durmz

Member +
i always thought cracking was caused by heating up and cooling down to fast and wrapping the manifold causes it to heat up & cool down more controlled so decreasing the chance of cracking.

well no because ure actually keeping more heat in the pipes, making it last less if that makes sense