Hello from New Zealand

nzEP85

Fresh Recruit
Hey everyone, new member from all the way downunder. Ive owned a KP60/61 in the past, but just recently got myself a Toyota Starlet Soleil L EP85. This is my first E series starlet so I have a bit to learn:cool:.

nzEP85

Fresh Recruit
Thanks for the warm welcome. Im interested in lowering it at some point, and I assume that you can use EP82 front springs but dont know what to do with the rear.
Ive heard rumors that the rear live axle is similar in nature to an AE86?.

Fatman

Member +
Hey will :)

Lowering an EP85 is a little different.. due to the rear suspension design even coilovers struggle to get the rear even with the front. Any chance you could jack up the back and take a photo?

nzEP85

Fresh Recruit
Hey will :)

Lowering an EP85 is a little different.. due to the rear suspension design even coilovers struggle to get the rear even with the front. Any chance you could jack up the back and take a photo?

How do you know my name! lol. Good to see you on here as well. I dont have a camera atm but from what I can tell it looks similar to the KP live axle.

NosydneW

Member +
It's definately not the same as the ae86 but could be the same as KP. however the diff ratio won't be the same I guess.

Maybe someone else can confirm ?