Hello from the Netherlands!

RobinL

Fresh Recruit
Hi Everybody,

I'm Robin, 22 y/o, from the Netherlands. I own a full stock EP81 euro-spec 2E-E 1.3 shoebox :p, but I like it. I'm going to make a 4E-FTE swap in the near future. And this is obviously the best place to be with my plans :).

If someone has any information about swapping the 4E-FTE in an EP81, please let me know. I'm still a little confused about the parts I need with the engine to make a full swap. And how about engine/trannie mounts? Or an exhaust-system?

I know, as a classic newbie I start with a lot of questions. But the car is going to be in good hands :).

It's totally stock, so it looks a bit silly now though:
3516653.jpg

I already purchased coilovers, swaybars, strutbars & the adjustable panhard rod. I'm waiting for my coilovers to arrive and I'm trying to find some good brakes + rims before I fit it and allign it. I can't wait :).

RobinL

Fresh Recruit
Thank you all :). I'll try to contact Rage.

I will keep you updated when I start building the suspension.

rage

Lifer
hey :) just saw the topic pop up!

another dutchy! yay!

making a 4efte swap is quite straight forward. it's a straight fit! so "all" you need is the engine, gearbox, intercooler and exhaust from an ep82 and you are almost there.

only tricky part is the engine loom and ecu. The ep82 are all right hand drive, yours is left hand. so none of the wires will match up! you will need to use the stock 2e-e loom and the 4efte loom together to create a combination loom that works with the 4efte and fits in the left hand drive starlet.

Wim on the dutch starlet forum can help you with the loom if you are unsure on how to proceed with that.

best way to get all the parts you need is to find a front clip of an ep82 somewhere. that basicly meens the entire front end of an ep82 cut off at the front window and through the floor at the seats. It will have all the parts you will need incl. the ep82 front wheel hubs, brake calipers etc (they are bigger than the 2e-e brakes)

noticed you are working on the handeling allready (makes me happy because a stock starlet with 4efte = bad shit, boat on wheels with power = accidents)

contact me through pm or on the dutch starlet forum for more info

RobinL

Fresh Recruit
Thanks again for the reply's. I'll send u a pm on the starlet-forum Rage.

I know this is not a project but I'll update it anyway. I just got a phone-call the coilovers have arrived :cool:. I'm picking them up friday or saturday. And we're trying to fit the suspension bits this weekend :freddy:

RobinL

Fresh Recruit
I'll keep you updated with 2 crappy pictures :p.

Fitted the swaybars, strutbars & coilovers. It's bloody amazing how the car handles atm. I do get some understeer turning a little in slow corners, due to the fact it isn't alligned yet. I'm waiting for my Rota Speedline's to arrive, keep that in mind when u take look at my wheels :D. You'll see the front is a little bit higher, but that's going to be changed with the wheel-change.

29v06yg.jpg

5e8jgh.jpg

I'll take some nice pictures when the rims are fitted. This is just a prologue :).

RobinL

Fresh Recruit
Thanks again!

I think I met the bottom of my salary today.

Gold Rota Slipstreams will be picked up tomorrow.
Toyo R888 will be delivered wednesday next week.
And last but not least, I made a deposit on a complete 4E-FTE, gearbox w LSD, axles & hubs. :rockon: :rockon:

malcolmgt

Member +
Thanks again!

I think I met the bottom of my salary today.

Gold Rota Slipstreams will be picked up tomorrow.
Toyo R888 will be delivered wednesday next week.
And last but not least, I made a deposit on a complete 4E-FTE, gearbox w LSD, axles & hubs. :rockon: :rockon:

awesome news fella :rockon:

RobinL

Fresh Recruit
Say what?

6f1t9x.jpg

20jr4pk.jpg

nckshv.jpg

rrk415.jpg

Color absolutely doesn't match with the real thing, but it's really f*cking awesome :D. Can't wait for my tires, I want to fit these baby's.