Hello, Interesting in a conversion project, Help appeciated!

Zeldoz

Fresh Recruit
Hello im Lewis, i live in Eastbourne (East Sussex) - 20 miles from Brighton!

Currently in the process of selling my VW Golf and itching to get my hands on a Starlett.

Im interesting in doing an engine conversion, from a standard 1.3 Starlett to a Glanza Turbo engine.
I've used the "Search" feature, im no moron when it comes to Forums! However, most of the relivant topics are about converting there turbo's to newer STI scooby ones ect..

Could anyone shed some light on the complexity of the conversion? Im no newbie when it comes to it, my 306 GTI6 engine has been changed once with the help of a friend, so removing/remounting wont be a issue.

Im more concerned with the wiring looms, and compatibility of the engine with the 1.3 N/A car..

This is the kind of car i'd be looking at buying with the future plans of putting the Glanza engine into;

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...page/2/postcode/bn235tu/radius/1500?logcode=p

- Would this car be suitible for the conversion i have talked about?

- What issues MAY i encounter on the conversion

- What kind of money are we talking, after the engine is bought.. E.G. For extra parts needs, such as uprated brakes/cooling systems ect..ect..

As you can see im clueless when it comes into the Jap territory i've been a dubber through and through, but reliablility has forced me away from that scene!

Thanks, for reading and i apologise for the million and one questions in my initial forum post!

Lewis :rockon:

malcolmgt

Member +
A good one place to look is the members garage section. if you look at user called dub-seven he did the full conversaion mate :)

Zeldoz

Fresh Recruit
A good one place to look is the members garage section. if you look at user called dub-seven he did the full conversaion mate :)

Thanks, overlooked that area, thought it was something to do with adding my car to my profile!

Thanks again!

Zeldoz

Fresh Recruit
Cant seem to find "dub-seven" thread in the garage? Perhaps someone could link it for me? When i search it just returns NO RESULTS.

God this is irratating haha!