Hello

p-nut

Member +
Hey guys, i dont actually own a gtt or glanza....yet:p

I'm drivng a saxo vtr, but am in the process of negotiating a deal on a 1996 glanza v pending insurance quotes. if all goes well i MIGHT have one by next week.

p-nut

Member +
Just out of interest, is there any section on this site that lists all the standard performance spec of a glanza turbo? i'm kinda new to glanza's and jap cars and dont really know much about them:eek:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Hows it going glad you joined.

Search and you'll find

Factory figures are 133bhp atf
Handling : not great lol
You won't be dissapointed though..lets us know how you get on;)

tosa2tosa

Member +
ha ha
dont listen to 180kph he loves to take digs at glanza's lol
there handerling is fine if car is stock, but worth upgrading if u plan modding the performance
0-60 is around 7secs stock
much easier to tune than a saxo, can get any parts ud ever want off this site.
before posting lots of threads tho make sure u have a gud read in the welcome section and try using the search button at the top if u wana know anythin specific
good luck with it mate

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
ha ha
dont listen to 180kph he loves to take digs at glanza's lol
there handerling is fine if car is stock, but worth upgrading if u plan modding the performance
0-60 is around 7secs stock
much easier to tune than a saxo, can get any parts ud ever want off this site.
before posting lots of threads tho make sure u have a gud read in the welcome section and try using the search button at the top if u wana know anythin specific
good luck with it mate

Me? dont think so,i used to own one :p

But it did handle pretty good;)

p-nut

Member +
Ok, so i've checked insurance and it seems reasonable enough. I am fully comp on my saxo, but will have to pay about 250 euro extra for fully comp on the glanza. is it worth the extra money or should i just go tpft?

So, all going to plan, i may be going to look at it next saturday or possibly earlier:D

So...is there anything in particular with them that i should look out for? being new to jap cars pretty much, is there anything that is particularly important to look out for?

Thanks for all yer help, much appreciated:)

tosa2tosa

Member +
ah there's a name i recognise already:D

I dont get ye? you used to own a saxo or a gtt? Do ye not still have the gtt?

think he ment he used to own a glanza but now owns a gt
def worth the extra insurance,
like i said before tho worth looking in the welcome section
read alot of the threads in there and u'll find most of what to start with
let us all know how u get on

Damage

Member +
Hows it going glad you joined.

Handling : not great lol
You won't be dissapointed though..lets us know how you get on;)

Handling not great :| If you dont know how to drive the car though. Check the BMI videos against the pulsars etc and see how the stock ep82 did.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
ah there's a name i recognise already:D

I dont get ye? you used to own a saxo or a gtt? Do ye not still have the gtt?
Hows it going, yea it was a glanza i used to own definatley not a saxo:p

Handling not great :| If you dont know how to drive the car though. Check the BMI videos against the pulsars etc and see how the stock ep82 did.

Right it make it clear.
The starlet was not built to match a CTR but many compare the handling when they are 2 different types of cars,hence they get a bad rep for handling but i preferbly think the handling on my gt is pretty good just not excellent.

not having a go like just my view,above was a joke

p-nut

Member +
all going well i MIGHT be driving a 96 reg glanza by this time tomorrow evening!!

Fingers crossed, its like christmas:p

Braz

Fresh Recruit
i have a 96 glanza too, excellent choice lol.

welcome to the site, cant wait to see some pice.

p-nut

Member +
All went well:D

I am now the proud owner of a 1996 metallic black glanza v turbo, and my god is it sooooo different from the 1.4 saxo i had this morning!!

It pulls like a train!!!

stuart

Member +
Not to sound twattish but just go careful, roads are getting damp quickly these days! and going from a 1.4 paxo to a Glanza is a fair step (imo anyways, and I'm not the best driver in the world) Just saying.

Enjoy!

p-nut

Member +
Not to sound twattish but just go careful, roads are getting damp quickly these days! and going from a 1.4 paxo to a Glanza is a fair step (imo anyways, and I'm not the best driver in the world) Just saying.

Enjoy!

ah dont worry mate, if it means anything my mates know me as captain cautious lol