Help! Alarm had short circuit from power lead, now accesories wont turn on.

Amd1691

Member +
Hi guys
Had a power wire that got pulled out and short circuit.
Later found that accesories wont turn on when key turn on acc, lock controls as well dead,
but eveything powers up as normal when on ON only.
I checked all the fuses but none blown in the cabin.
Any help would be great.

Amd1691

Member +
Car does start n im able to drive it as well but the accosories wont turn on when u turn the key in the ACC position. But they do work when the key is in the ON position.
Seems like a blown fuse to me, kinda main fuse that controls accesories but does know where to find it.

kilo

Member +
im sorry im not familiar with accessoires, what is this? im asking because ive had a few problems with alarms in the car and trying to help. hate when alarms take a hissy fit

Amd1691

Member +
When u put the key in, 1st click is the ACC (accessories) and second is ON. But mine when I turn it on Acc nothin happens.no door lock, even dat shud b working wivout any ignition on.

kilo

Member +
is that such a prob?? ive probs with that, when i have my lights on the car wont start because the pods are dissrupting the ignition barral, or so i was told by my in-car spark, if thats anything similar, it could be moisture or incorrect wiring if that helps any. its probably somthing silly dude. i wish i could give you a better explanation than check the obvious, your engine fuse box, if its got moisture or a fuse gone there. theres a diagram in the fuse box of where they all are

kilo

Member +
im sorry, thats really all the help i can give with that depatment. i can do sound systems etc, but after that my advive to anyone is get an incar spark, i personaly dont mess with them kind of in car electrics, you can do some real damage if you start messing wiyhout knowing what your doing.

weeJohn

Lifer
AM1 fuse is in the engine bay fuse box, 30 Amp I think.

Its odd but that they get powered up with the engine going but if that fuse is blown. If you have a turbo timer fitted its possible that it has been damaged by the short circuit or it is powering the ACC circuit up, otherwise there is a wiring fault somewhere.

Amd1691

Member +
@weejohn
Jusk like you said mate
Spot on
Got fuse changd nw everythings workin.
Got to mention, was not easy to get hold of dat fuse, i went to like 5 shop before getin it.
Cheers.

weeJohn

Lifer
Glad you got sorted mate. I would have a check at your turbo timer wiring, if its mating the AM1 and AM2 circuits together with the engine started it could cause other problems with fuses not protecting circuits.