help any ideas

stuarty1

Member +
Rite lads i dono wat is goin on as my car was driving 100 perecent but noticed it was judering like fuel cut but wasnt fuel cas as was only pulling of slowly from a junction got about a mile down the road and power droped from the reves and it wouldnt rev so it just staled tryed starting it again fired up ok first flick of the key drove 100 yards and same thing started it up again first flick again but it started and then just cut out

weeJohn

Lifer
There should be a whine from the pump. Bridge out connections FP and B+ in the diagnostics plug with the ignition off. Then switch the ignition to position 2 and you should hear the fuel pump whine from under the back seat. To double check, remove the fuel return hose from the metal pipe under the fuel filter and see if fuel is coming out.

It should fill the pipe with petrol and gush out like water would out of a hose so be prepared for that.

stuarty1

Member +
[video]http://s841.photobucket.com/albums/zz332/stuarty01/?action=view&current=VID-20110801-00002.mp4[/video]

weeJohn

Lifer
Are you moving the throttle in that video, does it cut out when you lift off the pedal or when the throttle is still pushed open?

stuarty1

Member +
second time i tryed to rev it but it does the same thing reving or not i think its the fuel pump i stuck in 10 pounds of 95octane asi was goin to run out the other day as the needel was past the marker but stuck 15 pounds of bp ultimate bout 3 miles down the road i reckon that i was burning the fuel pump as there was no fuel goin threw john u got a link to find out how to drain the tank from the fuel lines

weeJohn

Lifer
Not without a working pump. If you want to check the pump or remove it you dont need to drain the tank. The pump and fuel level sender assembly are under the back seat bench. If you pull the bench up you will see a black oval plate with about 10 screws holding it down, remove the screws and pry it off (its sealed down) and you can lift the whole lot out. Take the electrical connector off the outside 1st as it needs to come out at an angle and try not to be rough with it as you can bend the level probe arm and the fuel gauge reads like shit after that.

Have you checked the fuse for the pump is not blown?

stuarty1

Member +
good idea i may fix my voltmeter then lol do you think this is the problem as cant see it being any thing else tbh well will hav to giv it ago any way

weeJohn

Lifer
You can see if the fuse is blown by looking at the top of it, the fuse wire inside the coloured plastic will not be joined if its blown. Compare it to another fuse to see if its any different.

There is also a relay in the circuit but if you link out the 2 connections in the diagnostic plug I mentioned above that bypasses the relay.

stuarty1

Member +
went and tryed to tow it today and wat you no it fired up and drove gave a misfire once and then drove ok for 10miles or so then spluter spluter knocked its self again so must b fuel pump havnt tryed the fuse was ready for durning it out lol so new fuel pump bought so will keep you posted

stuarty1

Member +
No joy with the new leads so took out my map sencor vac pipe and started runing fine but when reved it pufed a lot of black water from the bck but that always happens when you do that could the map sencor b the prob ? ?

stuarty1

Member +
Rite this is messed up still no joy put a new fuel pump in and new map sencer new rotar arm new leads and still nout it starts and runs but idles realy bad now and if you try to rev it it just cuts out any other ideas would b great and It mite be my ecu wat you guys think

stuarty1

Member +
Still no joy lads realy pissing me off and hav had a few people look at it but no joy still any one had thid problem rep awarded

gv1.3

Admin
have you changed the coilpack? It could be dying. I had one that decayed and my car was juddering a lot. Also step number one for me would have been to check the connections to the battery and the earth wire are all 100%

stuarty1

Member +
i run the distributor so i do and yea changed the leads and rotar arm so this my b a ecu fault not likly tho as it starts every time but idels up and down now could this b a air block age ? or like a lack of air ? some how