HELP:Any one using HRF SHIM KIT ?

Casper

Lifer
Hi Guys,

recently i buyed HRF SHIM kit from rhd .... today when i was fitting the kit.. face many problem ?

well cant explain here.. let me explain through diagrame or pic....

so guys can u help me out on it... and can u tell me who is running HRF shim kit ???

urgent help needed...

Casper

Lifer
If I understand it clearly. The HRF kit is for people using uprated cams on which the factory shims might not fit. These retain the clearances and strength necessary for bigger lobes. What you will have to do is re-shim which is cut new shims to the proper distances you have.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?p=76140#post76140

hey buddy... can u through some more light on RE SHIM ? i dont get ya... means we have to put shim inside the bucket ? and re shim it to the proper distance >> rite ?

Chris@CCM

Member +
if u fine out what size the shims need to be u might be able to buy a set of them as lots of bikes use tis type of shim .also could u take a pix of the spring caps for me ? would like to see how the shim sits in them

Last edited:

Casper

Lifer
if u fine out what size the shims need to be u might be able to buy a set of them as lots of bikes use tis type of shim .also could u take a pix of the spring caps for me ? would like to see how the shim sits in them

well any pic u can show me ? i just want to clear my doubts ?

jezza323

Member +
you should be able to get shims to suit from toyota, the late model 3SGE motor has shim under buckets which will fit a starlet

and the 1SZ yaris motor has shimless buckets which fit

hope this helps :)

Harvey

Member +
Makes you wonder why people spend so so much for the hrf kit....

The stock setup wont see any problems at all up to 8k rpm easy and probably more, and you will not really need any higher then 8k rpm unless you have something like a TD05 on it!!!

Like Jezzer says, if i was going to change my shims it would be for yaris single piece lifters. Probably rather expensive though.