help..big problem..

Mike_ep91

Member +
rite well i was changin my thermostat earlier on and all was going well until i went to put it all back together

the then bottom bolt holding on the cover decied to break..

i got that one out and had another bolt to replace this but that also broke and it cant be removed for the housing..

so im asking can the complete housing be removed from the head??its looks as if there are only 3 bolts holding it on?and the clips connected to the pipes?

any help will be greatly needed..

heres a pic to show what i mean
P1070031.jpg

u can get a new/used thermostat housing or u can try to take out the broken bolt

its held on by the 3 bolts/nuts u mentioned......used some sealant if u replace it

and make sure to get back the exact same housing ...i think earlier/later models had sensor differences and location varied

Last edited:

Mike_ep91

Member +
cheers mate ive gotten the bolts out but fook me the pipes are awful hard to take off.i think ill get the bolt taken out for the time being and then get a new one soon.

A

Animal GT

just go get a new housin mate! there not dear.easy job aswel! that fucken happened me before disaster.lol

Mike_ep91

Member +
all sorted corey has one from his old engine so ill have her back runnin tomorrrow.
disaster is not the word man!!:mad:

Mike_ep91

Member +
rite well car is back to normal and its the 1st time since i bought the car that the temp gauge is workin properly

can someone tell me

when the car heats up does the temp gauge always go to about half and stay there while driving?

munday

Member +
when the car heats up does the temp gauge always go to about half and stay there while driving?

Does for me, maybe a little below half sometimes when its very cold but it could just be my eyes.

Dont think the gauge is terribly accurate anyway and would sit at halfway between quite a wide range of temps

Fishy89GT

Banned
glad its all sorted fella, i never changed one before but i now know the bolts a prone to snapping like the alternator one. cheers :)