Help Deciding Which Car to Buy

Hi Guys !
Hope everyone`s doing well . I recently sold my 4EFTE GTTi ( td04@1.1 bar ). Now i am in the mood to switch to something else . Preferably something which has more potential and cheap parts as compared to the 4e platform . ( a forged engine was costing me an arm and a leg ) .

I have narrowed down to two cars from the list which i had . Please keep in mind that what ever i buy from the below two , it`ll be used just on the weekends . I have another Civic as my Daily Driver .

1-) Honda Civic EF Sedan with a b16A

Car is in good condition both engine + body wise . However there is a very small amount of rust on the side of the roof . Engine`s timing belt recently broke , but the owner said that he`ll get a brand new b16 head installed . Also the interior is a bit mess as well , but again the owner will be taking care of that before handing the car over to me . Rest of the car is totally stock . No after market parts etc

Now my future plans are to 1st boost the b16 on stock internals , then in 2-3 months time going with a fully forged engine . This car is costing me cheap , so i would be left with lots of $$ to spend . And Honda Parts are widely available and cheap to come by.

2-) Toyota Celica Supra with a 2jzgte Swap ( total stock )

The car is in very good condition both body + engine wise . There is no sign of rust . Its still on its original paint . Has a USDM 2jzgte swap (on stock twins) . Its equipped with 17 hollow rims + fresh tires + Autometer gauges + a nice sound system + Air Conditioning + Coilovers + R154 transmission (which is pricey) . Rest of the car is stock .

Now this car is costing me 40% more then the B16 EF Civic . But the only thing worrying me is the fuel costs + the costs of parts . ( the clutch a lons is costing something like 700$ for a 6 Puck ACT :confused::confused::confused:one )

Here is my situation . If you guys can help me out in making up a decision i`ll be glad .

Last edited:

malcolmgt

Member +
if it was my choice and only a weekend car i would go witht he supra,.
for a start its standard so less to go wrong, when you start messing with parts things break. Also if the timing belt went surely timing would be out? i would be staying clear..

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
mmmmmmm supra......

Toyota_Celica_Supra_Tuned_by_hypertek.jpg

if it was my choice and only a weekend car i would go witht he supra,.
for a start its standard so less to go wrong, when you start messing with parts things break. Also if the timing belt went surely timing would be out? i would be staying clear..

its a Celica Supra , which originally came with 5M-GE . Its swapped with the 2jzgte from the Mk4 Supra ! .

And the b16`s civic valves bended because of the timing belt breaking . The engine requires a new timing belt + valves + OEM gaskit . The mechanic is saying that if the timing belt breaks only the valves are affected , which in this case the owner is willing to change before we strike any deal .

laskt9

Member +
Celica supra! I had a 7m swapped one and it was amazing. Can't imagine a 2j. Insane.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Celica supra! I had a 7m swapped one and it was amazing. Can't imagine a 2j. Insane.

That is what is tempting about the Celica . The platform is awesome , and i can always full fill my thirst of power .

Guys ,
There is an interesting twist now :rockon: , i recently found a guy who has a very very clean 95 Model Civic , with a D16z6 Fully forged engine + AC + new paint job+ alot more goodies . Owner is confused about selling the car or not :haha:. If i buy this car , it`ll cost me a lot more then the celica and the ef civic .

carmen

Member +
If it was me I'd get the supra my parents used to own a few when I was younger. Also with that engine it will suit all your power needs

I made the decision and went for the Civic EG . Its a fully forged D16ZC running alot of mods n stuff . I was very tempted to buy the celica supra , but upon investigation i found out that its papers were missing and that was the reason the car was garaged for so many years . Here in this part , if the papers are lost , the resale value of the vehicle declines significantly .

laskt9

Member +
Ouch! No papers is a bad thing. Congrats on the new car! More pics of it?