HELP..engine overheating but not the headgasket so i was told.

peter88

Member +
when i fill my radiator up, and take my car out for a drive it tends to loose a lot of water and overheat, there is a leak sometimes that seems to come from the bottom of the radiator, but then other times it does not leak =/ took it to a guy to see if he thought the head gasket had gone as it seemed to sometimes overheat even when there was plenty of water in it, he told me the head gasket did not seem to have gone... what else could it be... im sick of it overheating... im going to try some rad weld to see if that does anyhthing at all, help or advice much appreciated thanks

peter88

Member +
just had a new thermostat put in. i took it to get pressure tested but he did not have the right size to fit in the rad cap, so he done some other tests to see if it was over pressurising and stuff his conclusion was it seems ok. i had another thread on here what i put on before about bleeding the cooling system of airlocks, my radiator is weird.. seems to leak sometime but other times it does not... iv took it off and put water in it to look for leaks but no luck =/ im just going to buy a new one... iv just put some rad weld in before to see if its going to be ok, going to check it in 10 mins. can having no heaters and blowers cause overheating

Last edited:

peter88

Member +
I took one of my radiator pipes off and flushed the system with a hose pipe with the engine running but water only trickled out even when I gave it a rev, I thought with revving the engine the warerpump should throw it out quite quickly

weeJohn

Lifer
The stat would need to be open to get good flow out of the rad pipes, was it hot enough for the stat to be open? One of the hoses to the heater matrix is a better way to check.