Member +
Hi,

if I use 2nd gen 5E-FE head, this parts use anyway? :

4efte intake manifold
4efte cams (MARGINALLY better)

Last edited:

Anglas

Member +
What about 5E and 4E crankshafts, they are the same? Can I use 4E bearings for 5E crank shaft?
And can I use 5EFE inlet manifold or better 4E inlet mani or they are the same? (5E head)

Thanks.

tersplat

Member +
the 5efe crankshaft is NOT the same as the 4efte or 4efe crankshaft. the bearings WILL NOT work you have to use the bearings made for that engine. if it is a 2nd gen 5efe without a distributor, you cannot use the 4e or 5efhe intake manifolds since the 2nd gen 5efe has oval intake manifold ports and the 4e's and other 5e's have round intake manifold ports. there have been some adapters made over the years, but I dont know where any of them are now. the 2nd gen head also will yield a higher compression ratio than the 1st gen and 4efte heads.also with the cams, you have to use ones made for a distributorless 5efe since the other cams' lobes are actually in different places along the camshafts. I'll try and find a picture of them, or measurements since I have a set of both types of 5efe cams. hope it helps and you are able to find the parts you need.

Anglas

Member +
Thanks tersplat ;)

So, if I use 2nd 5E-FE head, I should to use 2nd 5E-FE inlet manifold, cams and 5E timing marks, becouse if I use 4E timing marks I will have problems with DIS? or I'm wrong?
4e's and 5e's have same exhaust manifold ports?

From this table I see that DIS Ignition System have only 2nd 5E-FE.

I think, that I shouldn't to use 2nd 5E-FE head :(

Last edited:

ramses974

Member +
if you are in Lithuania you will have a european paseo...
By this way , you must have a sec gen paseo body but a first gen engine ...there is no 2d gen distributorless engine in Europe all are distributor ...
to be sure can you take a piv of your engine ???

Anglas

Member +
New questions :

Are the 4E and 5E oil pumps same? (If not, which I have to choose?)
Are the 4E and 5E water pumps same? (If not, which I have to choose?)

What CR have OEM 4efte pistons?
How much boost, bhp could run stock 4efte (oem pistons, 1.2mm hg..., 95,98 fuel) without detonation? (Sorry for bad english language, I want to ask when detonation starts in 4EFTE)

What cc injectors i should to use: 5E , TD05-16g 1,2-1,4 bar boost, walbro 255LPH... ?

Last edited:

mech5107

Fresh Recruit
Detonation depends on tunning. I'd say that with 9:1 you will not have issues, also i'd go 9,5 with a good stand alone ecu and proper tunning.

I thing stock CR is 8,5 or 8,8. You should definetly use 4efte pistons (or forged), 5e crank, 5e block, 4efte head (although 4e and 5e gen 1 are the same), 5efhe rods (or forged), any cam (4e,5e,4efte, but 5efhe are better).
I see you are going for a big power number. I think you should go forged.
Injectors use rx7 turbo, they are straight fit, 550cc.

Anglas

Member +
Thank you :)

Why I ask? I don't know wich pistons choose 8.2:1 or 8.0:1 etc... I wory about detonation or I think when cr to low, will be big lag.