Help For The GF's ASTRA

Rite the GF has a Y (2001) Astra. Problem is that when your driving and say approach traffic lights, junction or slowing down to stop and ut the clutch in the engine stops and all the dash lights come on as it would if you turned the key one click.

She does have a leaky exhaust at both front pipe and the rear box so I was wondering (No laughing :D) wether or not this could be affecting some sort of Air/Fuel mix causing it to poss over fuel and maybe setting off a safety cut on the stock Astra ECU?

I know it aint the appropriate website but the Astra forum aint much use :D

Hopefully get some input before sending it off to Vauxhall :(

Do you know which sensor?? I was thinking along the same sort of lines maybe a faulty sensor on the exhaust and its tripping the ECU into a safety mode?

henners

Member +
I know of 3 problems with these cars as i used to work on vauxhall's
1. crank sensor
2. throttle body
3. ECM

Hope this helps

Dave.

Member +
my old xsara used to do this due to o2 sensor in the exhaust, turned out it was blowing, had it welded and all was well :)

probably the same as you :)

Dave

ragz

Member +
99 percent sure its the crank sensor my mate had the same prob turnd out to be the crank sensor

What would cause the crank sensor to go?

Just to re-iterate the problem is when you go out in the car (not everytime) when you start slowing down for any reason now and again it will cut out as if you have just one clicked tghe ignition keys, starts fine when you re-start it, maybe a tad lumpy until you give it a rev or 2 then off it goes again.

Also the exhaust is blowing front the front flexi pipe and the backbox is a tad rotten,could do with a new system TBH..

Still giving the same answers?