Help from the Irish lads - Places to stay in Dublin?

easty-5

Member +
To shorten it down as much as possible, it's the missus's 21st in May and I am looking to take her away somewhere. I can't afford to take her anywhere exotic as I have just paid £2k for a holiday to Florida in October.

I can fly to Dublin from Edinburgh dirt cheap so I am basically just wanting to know a few things i.e. where is good to stay, what is good to do, where to avoid etc etc. We would be there from Sunday to Tuesday.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks
Jamie

Wills21

Member +
I work in a Hostel mate right in the city centre, only thing is we just have dormitory's. It would keep costs down if you didn't mind being in a dormitory, I could look after you with the price.

easty-5

Member +
I work in a Hostel mate right in the city centre, only thing is we just have dormitory's. It would keep costs down if you didn't mind being in a dormitory, I could look after you with the price.

Thanks very much for the offer buddy but ideally looking for a nice hotel so we can just have a nice time relaxing etc through the day.

Is there anywhere in particularly nice to eat and drink? I'm looking to stay somewhere pretty central so we are within walking distance of restaurants, bars etc.

Wills21

Member +
Thanks very much for the offer buddy but ideally looking for a nice hotel so we can just have a nice time relaxing etc through the day.

Is there anywhere in particularly nice to eat and drink? I'm looking to stay somewhere pretty central so we are within walking distance of restaurants, bars etc.

Ah I understand mate, temple bar is the nightlife centre of Dublin really, full of restaurants and bars, expensive though (I paid €6.60 for a pint of Heineken last night)
Dublin city centre isn't that big, if you stay in the city centre everything is within walking distance or you can take a bus or tram which aren't too expensive.

Last edited:

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
If your staying in the city centre then try a bit of shopping on Grafton Street and for food and drink Temple Bar is good. The LUAS (tram) will take you around the city. You wont be stuck for a decent hotel in the city, there is plenty and I doubt they will be that busy.

Last edited:

easty-5

Member +
Yea seen Trinity Capital. It isn't too expensive either and look pretty central. How close is it to the airport and what kind of price would you be looking at for a taxi from the airport to the Trinity Capital?

Wills21

Member +
A taxi is roughly €20-€25 from the airport to the city centre, you can take the 747,41, or 16A buses into the city aswell and its maybe a 5-10 walk to trinity capital hotel from the terminus of the 41. It's €2.20 on the bus.

Last edited:

bigal

Member +
cum stay in tallaght theres loads te do plus theres buss and the luas that bring ye into town in about 20 mins and if ye wanna meet up for a drink give me a shout lol

easty-5

Member +
dublin + cheap don't mix
Ha, yea so I have gathered. I am not too fussed about the cost once there as it will only be 2 days. The cost of getting there is only £67 for the two of us and the Trinity hotel is only £157 for the two nights.

£150 a day (not including shopping, she can buy her own stuff lol) should be suffice. So about £500 should see us a good couple of days away.