Help! (I am a noob)

Heggers

Lifer
Right been looking through the threads already here but I'm lost lol.

My battery has died in my Glanza V and I'm trying to find a replacement. Halfrauds are telling me I need a 507, another thread says to use a 506 and a friend has told me I need a 504??

Also the terminals on the UK batteries a HUUGE compared to my tiny crappy jappy battery.

Can someone enlighten me on exactly what I need cause I've got myself annoyed lol.

Rep for help, cheers.
Ross

Sigma

Member +
Take your battery to Halfords, or more preferably a small car spares shop, put it on their counter and they'll match you one up. :)

Numbers always cause confusion, with information that's not entirely correct/trusted, being thrown around for good measure.

If you match one up, YOU know for a fact it CANNOT be incorrect :)

Hope this helps! :)

Fro

Member +
Sorry if im being a noob here but cant you just charge it? Or has the battery actually came to the end of its road and shit itself?

Heggers

Lifer
The battery is totally knackered. Its corroded to hell and has decided to die at the same time as my clutch. I've been meaning to get one for a few weeks but as always it all happens at the same time lol.

Cheers, Sigma seems to be the only real way of solving the problem :)

Gtstu

Member +
i would go to halfords if you need it today and buy one that fits an old nissan micra they have small terminals too and if you can get a trade card or no some one with one youl get it near half price

Heggers

Lifer
I've got a trade card (a fair few of my mates work in there). Does the micra one 100% fit? I've already bought the wrong battery once today and can't be doing with going back a 3rd time.

Gtstu

Member +
im 99% sure it does they look the same shape and have small terminals then itall fit just take your old 1 in to compare

Heggers

Lifer
im 99% sure it does they look the same shape and have small terminals then itall fit just take your old 1 in to compare
Awesome, I'll take my old one in with me and have a look, if not I'll get them to check for me. Rep for all and I'll report back in a little while.

Heggers

Lifer
Right battery is changed and the car is running fine.

Had a good look at all of the ones suggested, including the micra one and all of them were completely different to the one I took out.

The replacement I got was identical in size to the one I removed and is HB154. Fits into the tray perfectly and the terminals are in the right place and perfect size.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_264197_langId_-1_categoryId_165762

With a trade card it was £36.74 so quids in :D

GL4NZ4

Fresh Recruit
I am also looking for a new battery for my 97 Glanza, the battery you suggested is roughly the same size as my current old battery but unfortunately the terminals are the other way around! :(