help identify some bits please

ahmedsalem89

Member +
Hi,
It's been almost 7 month since I've done this swap and since then there have been some parts that I'm still not sure about:
1) the two connectors on the right, and the selonoid thing on the left, also when the marked hose gets loose I can't feel any difference
7ffcf36d-510d-47a2-ab81-ded8dff913ee_zps88ad3c9e.jpg

2) this connector is near the thermostat housing and just above the gearbox /gearbox mount
IMG_20130409_174324_zpscfdd57bf.jpg

BTW the engine is in a E100 Corolla.
here's a pic of the engine bay, If you notice anything misplaced or anything wrong just let me know except for the fact that it's VERY dirty :D
IMG_20130409_174356_zps5ee57325.jpg

Thanks alot

ahmedsalem89

Member +
In in the same place myself mate, look at my thread, the solinoid is for aircon supposedly

I'm not sure this one is for the aircon cuz I already have my aircon connected to one of the two solenoids on the right next to the master brake.
If I did it wrong and this one is supposed to be for aircon, what's the job of the two solenoids on the right???

dac69er

Super Moderator
solenoid looks like it is the one for the carbon canister.

assuming you just fitted the turbo loom, some of the wiring will be on the wrong side as yours is a lhd.

the smaller plug is not used, the larger plug is for the brake reservoir low warning light (same as handbrake light)

dont worry about the connector on the second pic, thats how it should be.

only thing i can see you may as well do, is get rid of the two aircon related solenoids on the bulkhead if your not using the aircon. they are a waste of time. just remove and Block off the holes where they feed into the inlet.

ahmedsalem89

Member +
Thanks so much dac69er for your help.
I removed my Carbon canister way back so can I safely remove this solenoid?
The loom I have is made from the 4efte loom and the 2E loom I originally had.
regarding the reservoir low warning light I'll have to check and see if it's working or connected in a different way first as someone did the loom for me and I don't think he would forget something like that.
And I still have my air con and I'm going to keep it :D you can't live without one around here in summer.
Thanks again man

dac69er

Super Moderator
you can remove the carbon canister solenoid. just remember to block off the pipe that goes into the inlet. do you have a pic of where the ends of the pipes are that come from the solenoid? just to be sure it is what i think it is.

ahmedsalem89

Member +
you can remove the carbon canister solenoid. just remember to block off the pipe that goes into the inlet. do you have a pic of where the ends of the pipes are that come from the solenoid? just to be sure it is what i think it is.

Hi dac69er, here are the pics of the pipes:

One of them ends in the intake manifold while the other connects with another one which begins from the Intake manifold and they both end in that small pipe next to the fuel lines.
Also while I was taking these pics I found those 4 wires (marked in pink dots in first pic ) which I completly have no Idea what they are doing there, they come from the loom just before the alternator wire.
Thanks alot for your help man