Help, iv done something a bit stupid and now the car isnt running right :S

96v

Member +
was messing about changing a couple of pipes in the engine, had a bit of trouble with one of the pipes and when it did come off it snapped the plastic joiner :mad: i have tried to glue it back on but it wont stick so have resorted to wrapping it with insulation tape and hope for the best, but when i took my car out for a drive its not boosting very well and sounds like its just whistling or has an air leak or something!!! i only get one boost light now aswell :confused:

here is a pic of where im talking about:
its located around where the coil pack is and joins onto the throttle body

http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt132/96v-photos/?action=view&current=100_7887.jpg

i think the part number is 192000-3011

will be repped for any help :)

Last edited:

turbostar

Member +
looks like part of your air con, do you still have your air conditioning pump and rad etc all intact?

96v

Member +
lol, aircon has all been taken out mate but i dont thin its anything to do with that! its a pipe that goes onti the throttle body with a t-piece in between and then another pipe that comes off and goes somewhere underneath :S

turbostar

Member +
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?75472-Removing-bits-around-engine....Pic-s-inside...

look hear it is to do with the air con, look at the 4th 5th and 6th picture down, you can removal all that if you want and block up the pipes that go to the throttle body. i have done this.

(in your picture the 2 solinoids are 1 on top of the other as you have a glanza / and in the pics in the link i put up the solinoids are next to each other, but u can just remove it the same m8t, hope this helps )

Last edited:

96v

Member +
ahah, legand mate :) maybe a stupid question, if there is any leak would this cause the car to not boost aswell?? il have a go with what the guide says :)

repped anyway bud

turbostar

Member +
ahah, legand mate :) maybe a stupid question, if there is any leak would this cause the car to not boost aswell?? il have a go with what the guide says :)

repped anyway bud

Yes m8t a leak within the vacume pipes etc can cause the car not to boost correctly, did the above sort ur problem? (once u bloked the 2 pipes off)

96v

Member +
lol, i have blocked the two pipes off but im still experiencing a boost leak somewhere!!! i can hear air coming from somewhere but cant figure out where :S i have checked pretty much all the pipes and cant find anything wrong :S im boosting to like 0.4 but can hear the turbo whistling like mad!!!!!

turbostar

Member +
lol, i have blocked the two pipes off but im still experiencing a boost leak somewhere!!! i can hear air coming from somewhere but cant figure out where :S i have checked pretty much all the pipes and cant find anything wrong :S im boosting to like 0.4 but can hear the turbo whistling like mad!!!!!

might sound silly have you checked all your intercooler pipes?

Also a little trick is while the engine is running, sray a little wd40 / gt 85 OR brake cleaner, around all the vacume pipe and intercooler pipe's and listen carfully for a rise or drop in revs. (if thers a leak it will suk it in and alter the revs).
Only a little, dont want to spray to much and have the engine bay dripping lol.

Last edited:

96v

Member +
yeh i checked all the pipes mate and they all seem ok, also checked the bov and that doesnt seem to be causing a problem!!! everything was fine until i started messing about with the stupid pipes for the aircon :mad: and all i have really touched is them so find it hard to see how a leak just appears :S i have also removed everything aswell like it says in the guide u posted a link to, but its still the same

turbostar

Member +
yeh i checked all the pipes mate and they all seem ok, also checked the bov and that doesnt seem to be causing a problem!!! everything was fine until i started messing about with the stupid pipes for the aircon :mad: and all i have really touched is them so find it hard to see how a leak just appears :S i have also removed everything aswell like it says in the guide u posted a link to, but its still the same

Ok m8t again sounds silly but the two pipes you have bloked off like in that guide are they completly air tight now (if so thats as far as i can help ya man sorry)
Dan

96v

Member +
lol,as far as i can tell mate, i but a bolt in each pipe and then wrapped them in a load of insulation tape so im guessing its completly air tight!!! sounds like there is a slight hissing noise coming from the back of the inlet manifold but cant pin point it!!! may have to try the wd40 test :S really wierd how this can happen :mad:

turbostar

Member +
lol,as far as i can tell mate, i but a bolt in each pipe and then wrapped them in a load of insulation tape so im guessing its completly air tight!!! sounds like there is a slight hissing noise coming from the back of the inlet manifold but cant pin point it!!! may have to try the wd40 test :S really wierd how this can happen :mad:

yer give it a go m8t see wot happens good luck

scrappygit

Member +
I think there are some vacuum pipes on the bottom of the inlet manifold. Maybe one of them came loose and disconnected when you was fiddling with the aircon bit. just a suggestion. Think somewhere on here I seen a pic of under the inlet manifold showing all the pipes in the proper places. I will try and fine it for you mate. Cheers

96v

Member +
nice one mate, didnt realise there was a couple of pipes there so il have a little look in the morning and see what i can find :)

96v

Member +
bump :( lol, still have a fucking leak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant for the life of me find it :confused: why did i have to mess about??? lol

96v

Member +
as far as i can see mate, im gna have another look now!!!! im at a lost end with it all, lol!!!!

gtphayer

Member +
coz when i had my top mount intercooler one clip was loose and was not selling the intercooler hose so when tried to boot all i got was noise and no boost

96v

Member +
Mate I replied in your other post,if you do what I said in the post you will find it in 5 min

oh did you?? sorry mate!!! have since adjusted all intercooler pipes and instead of blocking pipes on the inlet with just tape, i have now used a bit of sillicon hose, a bolt and some tape to hold it in. this kinda seems to have cured a little of the problem, im now getting all three boost lights come on but only seem to be boosting to 0.6 instead of the 0.7 i was before, u reckon if i turn it up on the boost controller it will boost a bit better???