Help, Light not working

Right, so last night i was about to take the car out, when i noticed my dash lights were not working. thought this strange, so checked rest of the car to find sidelights and rear lights not working either. It was very dark at the time so didn't have time to check the fuses. Im actually at work atm, but when i get home i will have another look at all the fuses.

Has anyone had a similar situation?? would it be a simple case of checking the fuses or could it be something more serious. Im guessing that my car disagrees with the cold weather, but wouldn't have thought that could blow fuses???

Any help or ideas appreciated

yeah pretty much thats first thing i'l do when i get home. I take it the fuses for the lights will be in the interior fuse box (ie below steering column)

cole

Member +
yeah pretty much thats first thing i'l do when i get home. I take it the fuses for the lights will be in the interior fuse box (ie below steering column)

my headlights went a while ago after fitting a new head unit

it ended up being a fuse in the engine bay and not inside

Just had a quick check for blown fuses, and found 1....i replaced the fuse and it blew again :confused: im guessing there is something maybe shorted out that is causing the fuse to blow. The fuse itself is a 15A and is situated on the interior fuse box. Where there are two banks of fuses, a row of 3 and a row of 6 iirc. the fuse that is blowing is the fuse that is in the middle of the row of 3. Does anyone know what fuse this safeguards???

I have a feeling that it could be my dash bulbs gone, but not 100% sure. If all dash bulbs were gone would it cause the fuse to blow and hence no sidelights/fog lights?

again help much appreciated, not gonna look forward to driving my drifty S13 as a daily in this weather while i sort out lights on car :homer:

If all my dash bulbs were blown would this cause a fuse to blow, and subsequently stop my sidelights working?

Anyone shed some light on this as im officially pants with car electrics.

Cheers