help needed glanza turning over but wont start

dave-blitz-kkk

Fresh Recruit
ok so story is the car is turning over but as far as i can tell its not getting petrol.. but been honest im no mechanic and wen i needed work done on my cars previously i got it done of my local mechanic but iv recently moved from dublin to longford and im now stuck with no car..!!

all electrics work so i dont tink its a ecu fault and iv changed all the fuses and still nothing??

i was goin to buy a fuel pump and try it but without wasting more time and money im really hoping someone on here is from or no,s someone in longford who will fix it as a nixer as i cant afford to be leaving it into a garage and paying huge fees..

its trying to fire up you can hear it but its just twist the key and du du du du du and nothing!! really frustrating..:mad:

any and all help much appreciated

dave

Mark-ep91

Member +
first thing id check is ur efi fuse in the fusebox under the bonnet,
then check to see if ur engine managment light comes on when u turn on the ignition,

if they are good ur car should turn over and start
if not disconnect a fuel cable going to the fuel rail and turn it over if it flows out petrol pump is okay and maybe u flooded it
so check the plugs are not soaked
if the pipe doesnt flow petrol then i would say the fuel pump is gone but usually i think they start to make A Noise before they go

dave-blitz-kkk

Fresh Recruit
thanks for the reply mark

i put a new 15a fuse in and its not blowing
and theres no engine managment light on the dash

as for the fuel pipe i disconnected the the 1 that runs into the fuel rail right above the size 17 on the airbox side.. im not to sure if it is a return pipe do but i turned the car over with it disconnected and no petrol squirted out?? thats why im thinking it could be the pump..

can you usually hear your fuel pump buzz when your turn your ignition on??
mines silent so im hoping thats my prob but want opinions

cheers
dave

Texx

Super Moderator
The top of the fuse should have a clear panel, if you look through it you'll be able to tell if the link has melted. Looking at this diagram, the AM2 fuse is a regular blade fuse.

FuseDiag2.jpg

AdamB

Member +
If your not getting fuel through to the rail, does sound like a pump fail. If it's on the same pump it came from the factory with it is likely to be tired and possibly dead.

steo800

Member +
i put my stock ecu back in the other day and ive got a walbro pump(can hear clearly when its running) and the pump only comes on when you go to start, IT DOES NOT PRIME ITSELF BEFORE STARTING.

dave-blitz-kkk

Fresh Recruit
im goin to throw a walbro in and see if it fixes the problem and if not il have to giv the car to someone im getting sick of looking at it in the garden