help needed. please

Russleh

Fresh Recruit
still not started using this site properly yet as im over on uksc and find it hard to go through both sites but i could use a bit help please

my cars acting strange.

feels like its holding back ( reaches full boost ok though ) coolant bottle hose was squashed underbonnet but would that do anythin.

there is coolant on my radiator and obv as a result my rad is low on coolant

and finally the temp needle starts goin up and down when accelerating.

i could do with some input folks. need to get this fixed quick so i hope its somethin like a thermostat or temp sensor or somethin .

thanks

Russell

GlanzaV.Tee

Member +
top up the rad 1st and let let it bleed out the bubbles and what not/ let us knw if that makes a difference but i think it may be headgasket by the sounds of it your rads low on coolant and when u rev the temp needle jumps up and down and the holding back will bosst jst if theres any water going into chambers then its gasket
check plugs out see if the wet inspect al cylinders

Russleh

Fresh Recruit
why ya have to go n say headgasket lol. will it be fine to top up with water just now. will have to wait till tomorrow for me to check anythin.

is there any other telltale signes of headgasket. i know the oil is meant to go funny but if its just happened now then i guess it wont be mayonaisy yet.

i did post on uksc the other day about my car smokin a bit of white smoke and iirc white smoke means coolant burnin ?

thanks for your input

Russell

Russleh

Fresh Recruit
changed my temp sensor and its stopped the needle goin mental and there was alot of air in my system so i bled that and seems better and gonna change my plugs also to see if that might be whats makin it feel funny.

Sigma

Member +
Sounds like the common issue of a blocked radiator.

I would definately fit one and try it before changing the HG.

Rory

Lifer
I usually find when the needle is doing daft things, that the connector on the CTS is slightly slack.

Quick nip up, and it sorts it.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
I usually find when the needle is doing daft things, that the connector on the CTS is slightly slack.

Quick nip up, and it sorts it.

bang on the money!!

@ Russleh it would help though if u pulled the rad out, gave it a good flush & topped up with new coolant.. it would help to see if that may solve the situation before u start looking at other things... a half full rad could be causing a massive airlock in ur radiator..

kon