Help needed urgently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shak-gt

Member +
Hi all,

Right i have a big frikin problem. I have a wheel bearing gone when i put my coilovers on, so i then changed the bearing and straight away i took it the get it laser alined. Now on my first drive out it sounds destintively like the wheel bearing has gone again on the same side. I guy who lasered it said it was the drivers side which was out not the passenger.

The sound i am getting is whirring.

What the hell do i do now?????????:mad:

Help would be much appriciated

Nippon

Member +
Did you think the bearing was on the front or back?
Is the wirring when you are turning corners?
Have you checked your CV joints?

turboflow

Member +
whe she turns left the wurring goes away and the vibration stops and its loudest when going straight also wurrs when turning right

dac69er

Super Moderator
has everything been refitted correctly when the bearing was done?

what about if you just jack the car up an spin the wheel by hand, can you hear or feel anything? any play in the wheel?

what do you mean by the bloke who lazered it said the drivers side what out????

Shak-gt

Member +
Well i sent my hub away to have the bearing put in but the guy said that the flang was fucked, so i took a perfecfly good wheel hub off of our spare starlet and put it on mine, so this is why i am confused. when i took it out last night the noise got louder and was what sounded like was coming from both sides.

DAC69ER - I ment the guy said he only had to adjust the drivers side.

Ben89

Lifer
Have you checked that the tear disc cover isn't rubbing on the disc? I had a noise which at first I thought was a bearing antill I inspected it and found the cover was rubbing?