HELP!! No Boost!????

GTnomez

Member +
Rights guys

I installed my turbo (td04) yesterday whit a screamer pipe (internal). I cranked it yesterday and started 1st time but i didnt drive it. Drove it today and i couldnt get past 0psi! it goes from minus (-) 8 or whatever but the needle and reading dont get past 0

i checked the vacuum pipes in the inlet and the dumpvalve. there were fine and connected. No high idle from a vacuum leak.

I took the mesh off the turbo.

i checked the boost pipes on the actuator and turbo, i disconnect my boost solenoid and ran it direct from the actuator and turbo.

i wound the actuator all the way in so there was tension on the wastegate arm

the intercooler pipes were all tight, no whistle or total loss of power.

there is no smoke at all and i can spin the turbine easily.

i did all of this and no difference at all!!!!!!!! i think it can either be the turbo or the actuator!

help!

thanks

Guye

Lifer
You said there's no whistle or total loss of power. Are you actually feeling any power at all then or it is totally flat like there's no turbo fitted? What's the condition of the wastegate itself?

glanzanut

Lifer
if u have wound the actuator arm right in so there is no tesion on the wastegate flap then it might not be sealing on the housing, hence not holding boost. wind it out and put tension on the flap:freddy:

GTnomez

Member +
You said there's no whistle or total loss of power. Are you actually feeling any power at all then or it is totally flat like there's no turbo fitted? What's the condition of the wastegate itself?

it doesnty drive like when one of the intercooler pipe comes off and whitles. Its flat, i can hear the turbo slightly sucking but thats ut, when it come to 0psi it doesnt go past.

i did weld a seperator in exhaust housing but i made sure there was no splatter, would that stop it making a seal, and the wastegate looks fine.

if u have wound the actuator arm right in so there is no tesion on the wastegate flap then it might not be sealing on the housing, hence not holding boost. wind it out and put tension on the flap:freddy:

other way round buddy, i wound it in so the ther IS tension on the wastegate.

im stumped!