help!:(...not boosting right!

97glanzat

Member +
jst fitted a new engine while doin this i decide to add a few extras eg mani decat front mounted air filter ect...b4 i changed the engine i would get 11psi 2nd to 5th gear, no problom this was with the hi/low still n place...
after fitting the engine im only getting 5psi if im lucky in hi!???....i cheaked for leaks and made sure all vac lines wer n ther correct places!...retightened evry bolt but still no increase!??:(...also i have found that my fuel consumption has sky rocketed!???

any help would b greatly appericated! rep will b left!
cheers

GTWorld

Member +
Have you got a FPR and guage?? also a FMIC? what dump valve you using as these sometimes leak boost??

97glanzat

Member +
nope no front mount or fpr...thr next on the list i have a turbosmart type 1 bov...is their any way i could cheak if its leaking eg disconect it?

GTWorld

Member +
Yeah disconnect it and put like a bolt or somethink to block it off then see what your boosting!!

GTWorld

Member +
Ok mate its just i had a baileys dump valve and was leaking so was getting the same boost as you... others will help aswell!!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Hmmmm.. well if you had a boost leak, it wouldnt boost on the gauge at all, so as your still boosting, but not as before, we can rule that one out.

Did you uprate your actuator or you kept that all the same? i.e standard?

97glanzat

Member +
have rechecked all the vac lines none are leakin...i disconnectd the bov but yet its still only gettin 4-5psi on hi and on low....:(??..i have also only got 2 green boost lights showing!???
am i forgetting sumthing?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
have rechecked all the vac lines none are leakin...i disconnectd the bov but yet its still only gettin 4-5psi on hi and on low....:(??..i have also only got 2 green boost lights showing!???
am i forgetting sumthing?

read my post above?

97glanzat

Member +
yeah sori i read it..nope timing is spot on as wee set it up b4 the engine was put in place and the belt hasnt jumped...no cracks in the tmic...still have the standard actuator but this was cheacked and the spring is fine..still a good strong pull off it..

was jst wonder if i left the vac line coming from the intake track b4 the turbo coud this rule out anything?

im jst confused as to y i am only getting 2 boost lights?

GTWorld

Member +
Your being getting to boost lights as it is boosting.. just not fully also if you have left a vac line of that could be your problem??

97glanzat

Member +
nope havnt left any off yet...jst asking if thr was away to find out wots wrong?...cheers for the help tho!

anything with tits r tyres always costs ya money!:(....

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
did you do a diagnos test? so maybe you can get some fault codes... it could be that the ecu is holding it from boosting? limp mode?