Help!! Petrol in oil catch can!!

Philip0694

Member +
Hi Guys,

Got home tonight and looked and the catch can and realised it was almost full, so when I emptied it instead of oil there was petrol instead. I've never come across this in my life, has anyone had this problem or know why? :confused:

Cheers,
Phil

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
are u sure its not oil vapour? it looks very similar to petrol.. i cant possibly come up with a reason as to why u would find petrol in the catch can.. its next to impossible..

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
as kon said. probably its a mix of water an oil.. will look yelowish and will smell of gass..

tried to light it up ? lol

Philip0694

Member +
damn its bloody cold and dark out there, but i'm going to have to check the oil in the sump. can't leave it over night not knowing

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
damn its bloody cold and dark out there, but i'm going to have to check the oil in the sump. can't leave it over night not knowing

just pull the dipstick out & smell it, u can tell instantly if there is petrol in the oil... but id still fail to understand how u could have found a considerable amount in the catch can..

kon

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.

as kon said ^^

possibly if you have a bit if fuel beaing mixed.. the one in the catch tank is mixed with water too!

Philip0694

Member +
Sorry Sheldon what I wasn't told by my mate was the sample I set a light to in a different jar use to have octane booster in it. So when I tried the second it wouldn't catch light.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Sorry Sheldon what I wasn't told by my mate was the sample I set a light to in a different jar use to have octane booster in it. So when I tried the second it wouldn't catch light.

then its probably just vapour and oil. nothing to worry about in the cold weather.