HELP please ht lead problem :(

gtadvmike

Member +
noticed a loud sort of knockin ticking noise comin from engine so i investigated ,..... and both the ht leads that aint covered by tmic were not in prroperly then i pushed them properly back in and drove round for bit checked again a couple more times and it keeps happening :(

Does anyone know or have any ideas as to what be causing this to happen ...??:confused:

lingl9z

Member +
is there any sign of oil around them mate as the spark plug ports have little rubber gaskets around them and oil escapes pushing them out!, though there may be other reasons!.

gtadvmike

Member +
a small amount i think my hands were oily afterwards like lol :$ it never used to happen and i just put small air filter where old pipe from stock recirc valve went on top of rocker(oil breather) and changed plugs for the platinum ngk ones and new blue magnecors :( i'm wee bit worried ....

kieran.s gt

Member +
a small amount i think my hands were oily afterwards like lol :$ it never used to happen and i just put small air filter where old pipe from stock recirc valve went on top of rocker(oil breather) and changed plugs for the platinum ngk ones and new blue magnecors :( i'm wee bit worried ....

did you tighten the plugs enough is the car missfiring?

lingl9z

Member +
Happens to alot of people mate! mine did it becaue the lil rubber gaskets had broke/split, could be that as i replaced it and mine was fine afterwards, need any give me a shout i got some spare!