help please rota

billy_wizz

Member +
hellp i just got a set of rota grids 16x7 100x4
just put them on the car and i cant put the center caps on as the bolt that is in center sticks out to far and the cap on back ones also sticks out
what can i do about this ?
thanks billy

xdotsx

Fresh Recruit

happend to me with a set of inovate's 16's ur man said 2 just cut it down a bit and should fit didn no weather 2 do it or not so just left it

GTdan

In The Closet
happened to me on my fto, you can stick spacers on them - to push the wheel out a bit more, therefore allowing the caps to fit (usually 5mm will work).
or
run with out centre caps - aint needed

LOL just seen this thread has been bumped from several weeks ago!

Arnold

Lifer
Mine are like this too. Are the wheel studs / bolts (whatever they're called!) long enough for the spacers to be fitted, or do you have to get longer ones of those too.

Arnold

Lifer
Its the driveshaft/cv joint:)

No not that, the things the nuts go onto :p Cos you'll have less thread to use if you have spacers right?

I just emailed POTN where I got my Rota's from and they said speak to Rota directly, or look for alternative centre caps on eBay

Arnold

Lifer
Rota just wrote back

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately the caps that come with the grids are in fact the only ones that will fit into the wheels.

There are only one or two cars that face this problem with the drive shaft being too long and not allowing the cap to fit.

This is something that we are trying to sort but at the moment there is no other cap that we can offer, however once we have established a solution we will certainly keep you informed.

Looks like spacers are your only option really, or just don't fit them.