HELP please !!!!

Demenshun3k

Member +
Ok well the glanza was running perfect last nite, i started it up today and it sounds kind of funny, louder or somethin.. and the turbo is not boosting at all none of the lights on the dash light up, if you listen very closely you can hear a very very faint spool but no boost at all... any ideas ? is my turbo f*cked? head is wrecked :shoot::shoot::shoot:

Demenshun3k

Member +
its confusing.. one of the wires (purple in colour) was disconnected from the JAM ecu its a tiny wire among wat seems to be hundreds its hardly this ?? i dont know i'm lost here... :(

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
i think thats the rpm sensor wire on the glanza,its green on the gt.

Check your fuses as id say one is blown.

When you say louder do you mean revs?

If so check the valve between the rocker cover and inlet manifold is on correctly

Demenshun3k

Member +
rep added...
i'll check my fuses asap in the morning.. and as in louder it sounds alot louder out of the back out of the exhaust.. its just a bit strange...

Demenshun3k

Member +
no der is no boost at all and no sound whatsoever.. i had a loose intercooler pipe last week i know what thats like.. its just i have no boost at all.. its like der is no turbo on the car

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Check the pipes on your acuator and the actual acuator itself.It sounds like a wastegaste problem

durmz

Member +
my mate had his car sounding louder on start and didnt get barely any boost, it was misfiring, a plug had gone, spose ude get a bit of spluttering with that though, ignition maaaybee?

froshtyv

Member +
It prob sounds louder because maybe your wastegate flap is open, as in your actuator has come off the exhaust housing for the turbo,

Would explain why its not boosting aswell, couldnt see it beeing a fuse its a mechanical issue not an electrical one.

Demenshun3k

Member +
cheers froshty i just checked and the actuator arm (the pin) is not connected into the hole by the mani (wastegate i presume?) and it wont reach over to fit in the hole if u get me.. it twists over far enuff but wont this change the boost then? i dont know wat to do with it now i now no it is actuator related rep added

Nwimie

Member +
It prob sounds louder because maybe your wastegate flap is open, as in your actuator has come off the exhaust housing for the turbo,

Would explain why its not boosting aswell, couldnt see it beeing a fuse its a mechanical issue not an electrical one.

i would go with that ! if its not boosting atal.

GTdan

In The Closet
cheers froshty i just checked and the actuator arm (the pin) is not connected into the hole by the mani (wastegate i presume?) and it wont reach over to fit in the hole if u get me.. it twists over far enuff but wont this change the boost then? i dont know wat to do with it now i now no it is actuator related rep added

yeh twisiting it will alter the boost of the car.

it will fit - make sure that the waste gate pin thing that arm connects to is at 12-6 position as its shorter distance.

You can the pull the arm (its on a spring) and put it in the whole - you may need 2 people, one pulling the arm, and other placing it in.