Help Plz !!!!

drew-turbo

Member +
i would like a few tuning tips if thats ok. rite this is what i have on my ca
piggy back dastek unichip
full exhaust
air filter
fuel regulater
thats it lol and im currently running 14psi nt sure wt power yet.
also when im cruising along about 60mph the car starts wobbling like crazy it goes if i put my foot down or release the gaz its just when im creeping up to speed?

monka

Member +
had this before, not on my gt, but was cv joints,

also, how do you not know what power you are running if you have had a unichip put on? as it would have been rolling roaded then

dan_ep82

Member +
on another note are you running the stock intercooler? if so it wud be advisable to change to an uprated top mount or a fmic.

drew-turbo

Member +
i bought the car about 2months ago he said it was running about 150bhp but nt sure to b honest any ideas? thanx

bigdoods

Member +
14psi thats nearly a bar boost on standard everything with your cat in!! maybe your turbo has seen its day or theres a melted piston.i no exactly what its like.i was giving my car the beans there while driving to my tuners to get fully forged and its like a shuddering boost ya get not a solid power increase if ya get me.check it for oil to see if its burning it if it is your seals maybe gone in your turbo.(sry dont mean to be worrying you)

bigdoods

Member +
buy a hdi one. thay look the job at the minute for the glanza and yes it will up your power providing you get other mods such as a decat and mani and it may help if you turn down the boost

dan_ep82

Member +
yeah hdi or autobahn are pretty good, also a mani is a good idea too as there is a huge restriction in runner 3 which could cause increased heat in cylinder 3 resulting in a melted piston!

dan

bigdoods

Member +
get them off toby on toytuning.think there only like 295 inc delivery.oh just remembered you had a gt.try an autobahn88 one.also off toby:) or ebay. {top marks for advertisin here toby lol}

bigdoods

Member +
ya wierd enough i melted piston number one in my engine.i had stock mani in but it was all because the cars fuelling was all over the place as i sold the jam ecu on the way to the tuners and ran the standard ecu.the car didnt know what to do with itself and ran lean:)

drew-turbo

Member +
i need a new job 1st not sure what to do i want to do a aprentaship but duno wt yet i wana do mechanic but performance wise but not many places near me any ideas? or sum guy told me to get into engine remapping? any tips?