**HELP!!!** Service hole in inlet cam

mork

Member +
During the head removal there is a point at which a service bolt is put through the hole in the sprocket, I assume this must go all the way through the other side? Mine, prior to removing the cam, were offset about half a hole, surely this isn't right? Apparently the head has been rebuilt in the past, but that's all I know. It is a 5EFHE head, does this make a difference? The second sprocket is for the variable valve timing, right? If these are aligned on a 4E setup, does the same apply to a 4E with 5E head?

Iain@CRD

Lifer
During the head removal there is a point at which a service bolt is put through the hole in the sprocket, I assume this must go all the way through the other side? Mine, prior to removing the cam, were offset about half a hole, surely this isn't right? Apparently the head has been rebuilt in the past, but that's all I know. It is a 5EFHE head, does this make a difference? The second sprocket is for the variable valve timing, right? If these are aligned on a 4E setup, does the same apply to a 4E with 5E head?

These should be lined up mate so you can a bolt straight through them upon removal, they shouldnt be offset.