help solving a problem!!!

DavidMD

Fresh Recruit
recently put the engine back in the car, have a bit of a problem changing gears (or lack of changing gear)

when the car is started cant not select any gear but i can select the gear alright when the engine is turned off.

i have bleed the clutch system twice now, changed the clutch slave to a route 6 upgraded item, even try to lengthen the rod inside the slave but no joy,

i try to start the car with 1st gear selected and the clutch pedal pressed to the floor it, car starts fine but cant move it out of 1st gear, also the wheels were turning when had the pedal press

so could it be that the pessure plate is worn out and it will not disengage the clutch even when the pedal is pressed

really need some help lads ad i want to have the car out next week for the next round of the time attack,

david

jam35

Member +
id say gear linkages mate turbo dave had a sinilar issue a couple of weeks back and it was a clip on the gear linkage

corofin12345

Member +
check the suger cube on the gear selector arms and the gear linkages where they are secured to gearbox before selector arms but id say its clutch related

Last edited: