help! tint rear windows

Starlet

Member +
hi, i am just wondering how do u tint the rear window?
and i want to tint the rear sidewindows again because it have some scratches.

and also how to remove rear sidewindows. this is a EP82.

I have never tinted a window before so. if u have some tips on how to do it please comment:)

Starlet

Member +
hmm, in norway they charge big money for this kind of job:p so i will atleast try by myselfh first, but i will keep it in, mind:)

danb87

South East England Area Rep
hmm, in norway they charge big money for this kind of job:p so i will atleast try by myselfh first, but i will keep it in, mind:)

might be big money but it will be more money if you mess it up. best leaving it too the pros mate

Custom Motion

Fresh Recruit
also th tint the pro's use and the tint you will buy yourself are very different, the stuff you buy in shops tends to scratch very easily

danb87

South East England Area Rep
also th tint the pro's use and the tint you will buy yourself are very different, the stuff you buy in shops tends to scratch very easily

exactly. the tint film purchased from halfords or homebase lol usually peels off. the people who do it professionally use ovens an bake the tints on. had 3 cars done in the past never had any air bubbles or peepling looked good aswel compared to the people who done it themselfs

turbojim

Lifer
iv done it myself man never had any problems and my friend has done a good few cars and all turned out well but honestly its up too you how you get them done

It is realy easy to do it yourself.
Make some good soap and spray your window and the sticky side of the foil, then lay it on the glas and with a flat and not sharp object you can push the water out under the foil. If nessasary heat it with you gils heardryer. (if you got little bubbles) ;)
I did this myself and it worked fine, no bubbles or anything under de tinting foil.

01swifty

Fresh Recruit
i am a tinter and i would recomend you get a pro to do it well atleast the rear screen as it is curved and you need to shrink it the sides r easy i did a custom tint on my wifes starlet now if i can just find pics for you oh and try and find some1 to sell you some SUNTEK FILM thats wat i use and its the bomb

EvilKnievel

Member +
i am a tinter and i would recomend you get a pro to do it well atleast the rear screen as it is curved and you need to shrink it the sides r easy i did a custom tint on my wifes starlet now if i can just find pics for you oh and try and find some1 to sell you some SUNTEK FILM thats wat i use and its the bomb

what he say's..

Here you would pay about 150 euro for all windows with titanium tint which is apparently non scratch and comes with a 10 year gaurantee :)

Amd1691

Member +
Best way to remove tint without any effort is to use a steamer..
Peels away soooooo easy..
As long as the glass is flat should be an easy job..
In the case of the rear glass, would recomend a pro as it require experience and skills..

jonny-boi32

Member +
i done my side windows but didnt even atempt rear window after i done tha womens mk6 fiesta, side windows grand but spent ages on rear window trying to shrink it, got 3/4 of the window done and i jus couldnt get the tint shrunk with out melting it so just left it to professional to do rear. i always like trying to have a go at things.