help turbo is smoking?

kash

Member +
my turbo is smoking what shall i do buy a turbo rebuild kit from ebay and do it by my self or get it rebuild or buy a used one?

Thanks in advance.

Kash

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
To rebuild properly needs to be done on a machine really.. I wouldnt.

I was a while back but was well advised not to and done some research... Buy a 2nd hand one, or rebuild yours

kash

Member +
Thanks mate

I will search in the morning is any one in the dublin area rebuilds the turbo

Vincent-ep91

Member +
I very recently faced this dilema....

when buying a ct9 its very much a thrust issue, and I have been stung twice before (after buying privately-not through paypal or any starlet site)

So this time for €70 I was going to rebuild it myself using the most expensive kit from e-bay to be sure it was functioning as it should when finished.

As it turns out the turbo was still smoking as bad as it was before it was rebuilt. The condition of the shaft wheel and internals had been the best out of a bad lot which is why that turbo had been chosen.

There is now a turbo en route from Scotland and bought from a member on here. So after my experience`s perhaps buying a used but fully functional turbo from a member is best.

kash

Member +
thanks guys for the help and i called ep performance he said he have one there will get of him later tonite.