help with 94 ep82

mocall5@gmail.com

Fresh Recruit
Hi there. Can anyone tell me should the fan come on straight away when you turn on the ignition?

Second how would I know if my thermostat is gone? I tried the thermostat with boiling water but nothing happened? She over heating to quick... Is the non turbo engine 1.3 16 valve thermostat the same as the turbo engine 4e fte...

Thanks for looking guys

mocall5@gmail.com

Fresh Recruit
nice 1 pal..... My heads wrecked now i have it bout few months now i thought they all had the fans coming on when turn the ignition. It must be wired direct must get it checked

mocall5@gmail.com

Fresh Recruit
Yeah Its all standard mate. I looked there and the fan isnt wired directly to the battery. The wires is going into a plug then going back into the loom.. Hopin the waterpump is working

weeJohn

Lifer
If the rad fan switch plug is removed this happens, the switch is the sensor on the thermostat housing that points towards the rear of the car. Also if there is not a good enough earth on the housing the same thing can happen.

Check the plug is on and the wire is not broken, it runs to the rad fan relay in the engine bay fuse box and if you remove the relay a multimeter can be used to check the wire is not broken between the 2 places. Also check the housing has a clean contact to the head where it joins, if its not then it will not be earthed. Its something to do when fitting a new thermostat.

You can get a new stat of ebay for less than a tenner, the 4efe ones are the same. It wont really do any harm to the engine not having one and the fan being on all the time, but it will take the car longer to get up to running temp and make your fuel economy worse and your heater shit. OK in the summer, but not in the winter.

mocall5@gmail.com

Fresh Recruit
:)

wee john. Thanks very much I was thinking it could a been the temp switch alri.. I have to change the thermostat to. I took it out earlier and boiled up the kettle and put the thermo into the hot water but nothing happened? The thermo didn spring back or nothing so its fukd. Il get them off ebay. Will the thermo from the normal engine 4eft3 fit the turbo engine? Theres no turbo thermos on ebay but there is standard. Might kill to birds with the 1 stone lol