help with boost prob on ibiza cupra please ???

glanzaj03

Member +
i've got a problem with my ibiza cupra. basically 1st and 2nd gear are fine even at full boost but in 3rd 4th and 5th as soon as i hit boost a get this juddering/missfire and ocasionally the engine light comes on. the only mods are induction kit, forge bov and scorpion cat back exhaust with a revo stage 1 re-map. firstly i went onto seat.net and they are all saying on there it's the coilpack ??? but i've contacted the guy i bought the car off and he's told me 2 things - he ASSURES me he had the coilpack changed recently and he also told me his "mate messed with the boost to make it more aggresive" !!! wtf ? how ? now i'd put money on it not being the coilpack and it seems awfully familiar to when a glanza hits fuel cut to me, doesn't happen in 1st or 2nd = restricted boost like the glanza maybe ? only happens when hit boost in 3rd 4th and 5th and get juddering/missfire and sometimes engine management light comes on. can anyone shed any light ? i have faith in you guys on here and i'm sure someone on here can advise me. as i said, i have tried seat forums but all i get told is coilpack coilpack coilpack but then they say if it was coilpack it would splutter at idle and it doen't ! it's defo some kind of boost problem, i'm sure of it.

PLEASE HELP !

ps - i've only had the car 3-4 weeks so it's new to me, never had a seat before.

Morph

Member +
It sounds like fuel cut like you say mate but those ibiza have individual coils that are common to break down and also they have maf sensor and boost soleniod problems from what dealings ive had on mates who run these but if the engine light comes on it should set a fault code in the ecu for what is poss the problem.

Big_Daddy

Member +
The good old german, drop me if you want me to do diagnostic on it 4u. Coil packs are common to go. Check the coil packs are in as they tend to pop out.
Replacment coil packs are around 20 quid from gsf (each).

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Sounds like a Spark/ignition problem. first port of call usually with a backfire/misfire

glanzaj03

Member +
thanks for replies. think i'm gonna have to get someone with vag-com to check it out for me.

should of kept the type r ?:mad:

Last edited:

glanzaj03

Member +
The good old german, drop me if you want me to do diagnostic on it 4u. Coil packs are common to go. Check the coil packs are in as they tend to pop out.
Replacment coil packs are around 20 quid from gsf (each).

have you got that vag-com then big lad ?

glanzaj03

Member +
Yep:rockon:

good lad big lad ! :haha: if i bring the car down to you when your free can you have a look at it for me then ? i've got one of those plug in revo things aswell with 95ron, 98ron etc. how do i know what it's set at because i've been using 95ron fuel then i tried that high octane stuff and it ran like a bag of..... does that mean i assume it's set to 95ron ?

i swear the type r was never this complicated and i never had a single problem with it. i've had problems with this cupra from day 1 and it's a shame caus i really like the car, it's great........in 1st and 2nd ! drove it back 7 hours from aberdeen though and it was fine, never missed a beat all the way back. i don't get it ?

Last edited:

Big_Daddy

Member +
good lad big lad ! :haha: if i bring the car down to you when your free can you have a look at it for me then ? i've got one of those plug in revo things aswell with 95ron, 98ron etc. how do i know what it's set at because i've been using 95ron fuel then i tried that high octane stuff and it ran like a bag of..... does that mean i assume it's set to 95ron ?

i swear the type r was never this complicated and i never had a single problem with it. i've had problems with this cupra from day 1 and it's a shame caus i really like the car, it's great........in 1st and 2nd ! drove it back 7 hours from aberdeen though and it was fine, never missed a beat all the way back. i don't get it ?

PM'd

GTnomez

Member +
im sure he knew what do when a wal came in front of him! :haha::haha:

yaraa what youdoin 2morow? wanna pick them end caps of you

safe for finding them 4me

glanzaj03

Member +

no, this is the one i got -

revo001.jpg

Last edited:

Big_Daddy

Member +
Ive seen other versions, but they haver same functions

does car stutter on stock,95 and 98? when was last time the spark plugs were changed?

glanzaj03

Member +
Ive seen other versions, but they haver same functions

does car stutter on stock,95 and 98? when was last time the spark plugs were changed?

i don't even know what it's set on mate but the guy said he had it set to 95ron and i haven't touched it since but i use 95ron fuel and it still does it. i tried high octane for a bit and it seemed to get worse. dunno about plugs mate, i've only had the car 3-4 weeks but the guy said coilpacks were defo changed recently.