Help with downlods freezing

glanzanut

Lifer
right im at my sisters just now in glasgow, im trying to sort out her laptop a bit. she uses a 3 wireless dongle, which is not bad just over one meg connection, however i managed to download avcast no probs, but other files like superantispyware and i tunes, download very quickly half way then completely freeze!!! i checked her allowance of kb and its massive so its not that. and tried clearing all her cookies and internet history. any ideas?:freddy:

check windows task manager (ctrl + alt + del) click on performance and make sure the cpu usage isnt too high, if so go into processes and check all the files are necessary could be stopping your downloads, and is there plenty of hardrive space????

lingl9z

Member +
what browser you using mate? I had this problem with default one, then moved on to Mozilla and when it freezes press pause, then resume and it'll continue.

Rich.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Run yur browser in safe mode,allow your browser through your firewall,or turn it and avast off to see if they are causing the problem.

If the proccess are too high press the windows key+R and type MSCONFIG then hit Enter
Go to Services and click the tab that says hide all Microsoft Services,uncheck everything else except your anti virus.Reboot and try again.