help with fueling

ep82oaks

Member +
Just ad car rolling roaded and made 165bhp and 185lb/ft but was running lean,its running a blitz ecu at 1.1 bar,decat,aftermarket mani,trd leads,blitz fmic,relocated filter,usual mods. Iv just bought a fpr to fit but nt on yet what shud fuel pressure b standard n wot shud i turn it up to?

with Blitz ecu or similar jdm ecus they prefer standard fp thus 2.3bar for a 4efte then you can trim/add fuel to your need by any sort of SAFC also fit a sort of afr wideband to check fuelling while tuning, this is a must! Im running a similar tune as yours but at 0.95bar of boost on a Hybrid CT9 turbo and afrs are spot on. Before i installed the safc it was running rich low 10s on high boost but now its low 11s and around 14.8 at idle and cruising pace! Also to note im running SARD fpr too and an AEM wideband controller.

ep82oaks

Member +
I thought the blitz ecu was designed to run with standard pressure so a fpr wont hurt and hopefully shud sort the fuelling,or cud there b another prob sum where else??? Also the tester said it was lean at tickover! !

Last edited:

GP82

Member +
I would first change the fuel filter, check all your fuel lines from the tank to rail, i have seen some kinked or even twisted up restricting fuel to engine. Check fuel pressure, Check injector flow. It is hard to believe the Blitz is running your setup lean!

those ecus were tuned differently from each other depending on the turbo setup related to it! you will not know for which was tuned unfortunately if nothing is written on it (like i have stated on it for K1 turbo, which is similar to a hybrid ct9) so it may run lean or rich on your setup. the best way is to install a wideband and an safc

addz

Member +
those ecus were tuned differently from each other depending on the turbo setup related to it! you will not know for which was tuned unfortunately if nothing is written on it (like i have stated on it for K1 turbo, which is similar to a hybrid ct9) so it may run lean or rich on your setup. the best way is to install a wideband and an safc

I heard they were set different too, and they aren't self learning at all from with I've heard. How true is that? I was turning towards a like ecu but after hearing they have different maps on them, I was pushed away from the idea. Instead I have a Greddy FCC, Apexi SAFC and FPR to go on and soon a wideband too.

ktl

Member +
thats a shame mate, but iv never heard 1 to go lean. Theres many factors that can make the car lean .ie sparks, sensors. Check the timing also, too much timing can make it lean!

ep82oaks

Member +
Iv jst pt a fpg on and and its reading 2.5 bar with the vac pipe on and 3.1 with the vac pipe off and blocked,any other ideas why it mite b lean?

weeJohn

Lifer
A CO2 machine will not give an acurate enough reading, get it checked with a wideband.

If you have not fitted an uprated pump it could be running lean due to not enough fuel getting through on full boost, causing pressure to drop at that point. A bad filter could do it as well.

if your running stock turbo at lets say 1-1.1 bar boost max you will not need uprated pump and injectors, but could be a dodgy pump and filter as well!

ep82oaks

Member +
What i cnt understand is the fuel pressure is spot on and the timing is spot on.so could it b a slightly blocked injectors if so the fpr should recify the problem

ep82oaks

Member +
Forgot to mention im usin a ct12a turbo,iv just fitted a fpr and got it booked in at scooby clinic Tomoz for setting up so hopefully shud get to the bottom of this problem,but tbh the guy tht tested it i dnt fink he had a clue wot he was doing and his rollers looked well shit,scooby clinic are very good and have really good equipment so in good hands.

Quick Nick

Member +
I am currently at the point where I need to buy, install and set up a wideband in the ep82 on the TONG hybrid, once its rebuilt. Any suggestions of where to buy them and if there are any instructions of where to fit that would be great.

Sorry to hijack the thread a little!