Help with import duty taxes from r.o.i to u.k

09wheelerr

Member +
ive been searching about on the internet about import taxes from southern ireland to the uk and i need some help.

im planning on picking up some fragile parts myself from south ireland and bringing them back to the uk, will these be subject to import/export tax dutys or exempt as there not new and im collecting them myself :confused:???

in theory i should only be paying for the fuel and ferry wouldnt be no different from bringing back a pack of crisps i.m.o

could someone shed some light on this please

Gryzor

Admin
To import a southern irish vehicle in Northern Ireland, you will be required to bring the following documents to your Local Motortax Office or post them direct to DVA :

1. Southern Irish Vehicle Registration Certificate (RF101) issued after 2004, if your RF101 is issued before 2004, you will also need a “An Extract of Mainfile”
2. MOT Certificate
3. V55/5
4. Insurance Certificate
5. Cheque for £55 payable DVA as payment for First Registration Fee
6. Cheque payable to DVA as payment of Road Tax
7. V25 (NI) Form completed (Declaration of Personal Importation)
8. Documents confirming your name and address

09wheelerr

Member +
right ok thanks about the northern ireland thats cleared that up whats the story with southern as thats where il be picking parts up from is it similar or completley different ball game?

You won't pay any import duty or vat on entry to the uk as Ireland is part of the EU

Read what I said, you are purchasing something from an EU member state so you will not be liable for import taxes as the UK is also in the EU, the main reason being the open trade platform....

Also Northern Ireland is part of the UK

09wheelerr

Member +
Read what I said, you are purchasing something from an EU member state so you will not be liable for import taxes as the UK is also in the EU, the main reason being the open trade platform....

Also Northern Ireland is part of the UK

ahh great cheers mate repped