Help with Japspeed FMIC

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Hi.

Tomorrow I'm planning to fit a japspeed fmic to my ep82 but I'm a little unsure on how to fit in. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fit the intercooler but not so sure about the piping.

I looked at the other threads on here but I think Japspeed have re-designed the kit? Look at the other thread but then look at mine: http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Toyota-St...-EP91-Front-Mount-Intercooler-Kit/p-27-1-484/

The kit has 8x silicone connectors, one is like a reducer so I think that goes right at the back? Then the remaining 7 are 5x 1 size and 2x smaller size. Does anyone know where the smaller ones are used? I thought it made logical sense for them to attach the short pipes that come off the intercooler at each side, but they seem too small?

Anyone have an ideas or pictures of this kit fitted?

I find it a bit rediculous that no instructions come with the kit, not even a picture/diagram of it assembled.

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Anyone able to give any advice before I start it? Going to start to fit new p/s belt in a second from where I've taken the a/c out saturday, then I'm going to fit a new manifold ... but then I'll have to get started on the fmic.

jezza

Lifer
Just match the silicon to the hard pipes. The reducer looks like it would be for the hot pipe off the turbo. The pair of smaller diameter look like they will fit the other hot side pipes. When fitting, piece it all together before tightening the jubilee clips.

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Ok thanks mate. What part are you referring to when you refer to 'hot pipes'? I don't really know how these work, just that it has to fix on where in top mount came off. Just got the manifold & new p/s belt on successfully :beer:

Pete EP82

Member +
The hot pipes are the pipes that run from the turbo side of the intercooler.....so its like this....

TURBO.........INTERCOOLER........(DV).........INLETMANI

The "......" above are the pipes!

Very rough idea of how it works! ha

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Ahhhhh! Kool thats cleared things up a bit for me, thanks bud!

Edit: Both rep'd for your help, thanks guys.

Last edited: