Help with mods

lvaleiron

Member +
Hi guys, i need some advice from all you experts in the world of starlet tuning.:p, right now i have a goal to unlock the ct9 potential, so far this is the setup with upgrades that i have:
Mazda 121 DB Bubble Car with 4efte.
Decat Exhaust 2 1/4"
Autobahn Manifold & Downpipe
Short Air Intake with Air Filter
Stock Boost
15" rims
VW Jetta 1.8T Fuel Pump
HKS Blow off
Soon to be bought CAP Clutch.

My plan is to run @ 1 bar of boost, so what i've been thinking is upgrading the manifold and downpipe to SPS ones, get a HKS Actuator, rrfpr, fcd, lsd(if i can get the money, heheh:))

My questions are:
Do i need to upgrade the management system, like with a emanage or safc? or can i get away with just the rrfpr and fcd???
What thinks do you guys recommend me to do first (i'm going to buy all the stuff one paycheck at a time:p)
What thinks i need to have in mind when doing this kind of upgrades???
I'm just asking for a guidance because i'm not so experimented with this engine as you guys are!!! :)

cameroon95

Member +
Hi buddy, you have a similar goal to me, but my spec list is much shorter than yours at the moment!!

I think having engine management would probably help you get the most of your modifications.

lvaleiron

Member +
hmmm, so if i use an emanage or safc i wouldn't need a rrfpr???? i thought it was necessary. Also, for what i want, do you think safc will be good enough???

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
instead of thre rfrfpr and fcd just get the emange blue and map it will see more gains
Hey Mate

Regarding unlocking the CT9 potential

As said above dont bother with a rrfpr and FCD and get a Emanage Blue setup properly mate, It has a boost cut removal feature on it so no need for the FCD and gives a much much better tune and will give you more power over the rrfpr setup.

Regarding the SAFC for the money they are the Emanage Blue is a better unit, it will give just as good a fuel map if not better but will also allow you to alter ignition timing and not just fueling, along with the Boost cut removal.

Hopefully this helps you and if you want or need anymore information then just drop me a PM or email me at Enquiry@TuningDevelopments.co.uk

And we will help you out all we can.

Many Thanks
~Nick @ Tuning Developments

lvaleiron

Member +
Thanks alot Jones, i think i'm gonna go the emanage route then, now i have to look for someone to tune it??? can i tune it if i have a wideband o2 sensor?? is it hard if i try to do it myself??? I've never tune a ecu before, but i got certain understanding with the a/f ratios.

Another think that got me confused: What stuff i have to buy with the emanage for it to work properly with my car??? i'm asking this because everytime i look for emanage there's a bunch of harness that they sell, even a sensor, so can i just buy the unit with the computer cable and software and do the harness myself??? or do i really need the harness that they sell?

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Hey Again

Basicly you will need the:

Emanage Blue Unit
Emanage Basic Harness
Emanage Injector and Ignition Harness's
Emanage 3bar Pressure Sensor and Harness

Thats all you need to run, and we can offer both fitting and mapping of these ECU's if your interested, just drop me a PM and we can discuss and i'll help all i can for you.

Many Thanks
~Nick @ Tuning Developments

lvaleiron

Member +
Thanks for your help mate.. I'm going to do the mapping myself because i live in the Dominican Republic and there are few mappers around here, none of them i trust tho. But anyway, i'll buy the emanage blue with all the harness and sensor, after that hks actuator and start from there... again, thanks mate!!!!

tripotico

Fresh Recruit
C-Works can map the e-manage

hey bro, here in the DR you can trust C-Works for your mapping needs, and any kind of performance job you need done to your ride.

P.D.

There was a Glanza meet yesterday in Santo Domingo, did you go and check it out?

lvaleiron

Member +
hey bro, here in the DR you can trust C-Works for your mapping needs, and any kind of performance job you need done to your ride.

P.D.

There was a Glanza meet yesterday in Santo Domingo, did you go and check it out?

Hmm, i'll check C-works out. About the meeting, yes i saw it, but unluckily i wasn't in my car as my clutch is burned.:p, anyway, i hope to have my car ready for the next meeting!!!