Help with network settings

steo800

Member +
Im tryring to play GT5 online, but it keeps giving me error 771, something to do with incompatibility with room owner.

Ive tried plugging my ps3 directly into the router/modem and no improvement.

In the in game manual, it suggests to try things like portforwarding, something about UPnP, and some other jazz about something else...:homer:

Ive no idea what the above are or how to do them! poxy game!

any got any good sites that explain them without any bull?

Ive no problems playing GT5 prologue or any other games online, just GT5, seems its a fussy little git.

Didnt realise I had to know the ins and outs of network settings to play a poxy game. How stupid of me not to know this before I bought the game :mad:

cheers!

Vglanza

Member +
Had a look around there for ya mate, doesn't seem too be any knowledge why this is happening or any fix as of yet i would ring sony if i where you see if they can help you on this mate.

Go onto www.portforward.com find your type of router & choose your game, it will explain how to add in the ports. This usually fixes the issue its something to do with NAT settings being too high on the router. Hope this helps.
Christy

steo800

Member +
modem is netopia 3347nwg, supplied by eircom.

gave up on sony getting back to me, but they have emailed me with a phone number since starting this thread.

i was messing around with the router, but ive no idea what to be entering into what???

gt5 has say 4 ports listed, but the router is asking for a range i think, sooooooooooooo lost!

think ill just ring them tomorrow, and ive i get no where, ill post back here.

its fecking rocket science to me!