help with radio

TURBO2010

Member +
hey lads!! i am no good with wires but could some1 help me with this? well my cd player in my V only works when the igniction is fully on but i would like to connect it to just the first turn of the key if u know what i mean cause i want to listen to the radio at lunch time!! so how is this done?:confused:

welshowz

Member +
is it an aftermarket headunit or just standard?does it work when the igniton is turned to when the dashlights come on?

TURBO2010

Member +
is it an aftermarket headunit or just standard?does it work when the igniton is turned to when the dashlights come on?

yes its a ripspeed dvd player! yep it works fine just want to wire it up so it come on with the first turn of the key and not just when u turn the igniton fully on because it would drain the sh*t out the battery??

welshowz

Member +
have you got an iso adapter on the back for the wiring? should work that way if not you could always wire up the red and yellow wires from the back of the headunit to a constant live on the car but that means you'd have to turn off the stereo everytime instead of it turning off when you removed the key

TURBO2010

Member +
have you got an iso adapter on the back for the wiring? should work that way if not you could always wire up the red and yellow wires from the back of the headunit to a constant live on the car but that means you'd have to turn off the stereo everytime instead of it turning off when you removed the key

havent a clue about radios mate sorry! whats an iso adapter? but yes that would work fine wouldnt bothor me having to turn it off everytime!!:)

welshowz

Member +
iso is one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ISO-STEREO-AD...cles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item3a5703cf80

but if you pull the stereo out and have a look at the back. the loom on it should have a red wire and a yellow wire. the yellow is a constant live to save all the settings on the stereo and the red becomes live when ignition is turned on so powers the stereo up. thinking about you could probly splice into the yellow wire and run the red live through that should give it constant power then i assume.

glanzanut

Lifer
if i remember right on he starlets you need to connect the red to yellow and yellow to red as the ignition live and constant live are back to front:freddy: