Help with tuning

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
rite, my tuner is having problems with my car..
now ive fitted a zisco inlet manifold and throttle body with new throttle cable.

the problem my tuner has is the idle hunts when car is hot, and the car wont start when hot but cranks.
he says the ecu isint tracing? ( not sure what he means exactly)

im td04 forged 4e with 550cc injectors.

was mapped by him last year and only difference is inlet manifold.

any help people???

dac69er

Super Moderator
only thing on the tb that would make a difference is the tps. has it been adjusted properly?

dac69er

Super Moderator
it has to be manually setup. when fitted to the tb you have to set the closed position switch pretty accurately or you will get idling problems.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
ive taken a look there duncan cheers, tuner said he looked and set up tps and those problems occured, but he looking again tomorrw, just cars waiting at tuners to be finished, so cant look at meself.

cant figure out what else cud be.

also emanage isnt tracing, had this issue before??

kieran.s gt

Member +
quick way to see if its the tps is remove the tps plug and bridge middle and bottom pins and see if it idles better

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
the position of the tps is different on this new inlet, as wehere on a stock inlet the plug faces to the passenger side, on this one its pointing toward the ground.

AdamB

Member +
and have no idle control valve with this new inlet either.

really bugging me tbh.

Think that may be your problem. I don't think the emanage is able to run without the idle control valve. I'm sure you need a full standalone management system to be able to ditch the ICV.

AdamB

Member +
I'm not 100% sure on it so don't quote me on it, but I've only ever seen full standalones ditch the ICV. Maybe Kon or one of the traders can explain it a bit more.
I could only think of having the ICV plumbed back into the inlet but will have to be after the throttle body.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
already onto Kon mate.lol
never heard that before man, and it hunts for an idle as well.

it idles perfect when cold, only hunts when warmed up or warming up...

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Ok so,

we all ditch the idle valve which upgraded plenums and throttle bodies... the idle doesnt hunt unless your tps is not setup correctly, sometimes the
emu decides to be difficult on idle, basically the problem is that your tuner does not have the injector latency (lag timings) setup correctly.

I can assure you it will work well without the idle valve... i dont use one with my emu.. nor does anybody local.. even on the stock ecu (and upgraded ones like the jam etc) and were all running without any problems bro.

kon

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
cheers kon, what re the lag times for sard 550s???

thing thts im lost with is he mapped car last year with same set up withut inlet and tb.
so injectors were the same, confusiing me no end.lol

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
iirc the lag times for the sard 550cc's are 0.86ms .. but remember voltages will vary the lag times, so he needs to approximate the injectors latency before he starts tuning... oh and after the lag times are adjusted accordingly the whole map will need to be retuned.

kon

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
hasnt mapped it due this issues kno, sorting these out before a full tune up matey.
for some reason he says it runs richer with new inlet on, then it did with when he tuned car with stock inlet.

AdamB

Member +
Thanks for clearing that up Kon :beer:
As for running richer with the new inlet, do you know the AFR's you are running before and after the new inlet went on?